• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-04T10:40:27Z by SystemAdmin
DMathews
DMathews
4 Posts

Pinned topic Maximo 7.5.0.3: Proper configuration of crossover for Invoice

‏2013-03-26T19:50:16Z |
Hello everyone,

I have a business need to have a value copied over from either the POLINE table or from the MATRECTRANS table to the INVOICECOST table during the Copy PO Lines step of invoice creation.

We built a crossover domain that successfully copies the field "ACCOUNTNUM" from the POLINE table to the INVOICECOST table when the user clicks Copy PO Lines, checkmarks the line in the PO Lines tab, and clicks ok.

The problem is when the user clicks in the Materials or Services tabs, and creates the invoice line from those tabs.

My assumption is that I need two additional crossover domains to copy the relevant value from the MATRECTRANS and SERVRECTRANS tables to the INVOICECOST table. I attempted to create a crossover domain for the purposes of the MATRECTRANS->INVOICECOST process, but it did not work for me. I used poline=:poline AND polinenum=:polinenum in the domain relationship, but that may not be accurate.

The attribute exists in the POLINE, MATRECTRANS, SERVRECTRANS and INVOICECOST objects.

Any suggestions on whether a crossover is the correct path, or should I be looking for an alternative solution?
Updated on 2013-04-04T10:40:27Z at 2013-04-04T10:40:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • DMathews
    DMathews
    4 Posts

Re: Maximo 7.5.0.3: Proper configuration of crossover for Invoice

‏2013-03-26T22:15:00Z  
    I should mention that I am running Maximo 7.5.0.3. I tried creating a crossover domain, source object MATRECTRANS, validation where clause comparing matrectransid=:matrectransid, and associating it with the INVOICEMATCH.MATRECTRANSID attribute via DB Config. No dice.

In reading through the forum it appears that certain attributes "trigger" crossovers, while other attributes don't.

Is there a way to determine what attributes can trigger a crossover action?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-04-02T20:36:49Z  
    I don't know if it's a typo, but

poline=:poline AND polinenum=:polinenum

should be ponum=:ponum AND polinenum=:polinenum

Brian
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2013-04-04T10:40:27Z  
    • DMathews
    • ‏2013-03-26T22:15:00Z
    I should mention that I am running Maximo 7.5.0.3. I tried creating a crossover domain, source object MATRECTRANS, validation where clause comparing matrectransid=:matrectransid, and associating it with the INVOICEMATCH.MATRECTRANSID attribute via DB Config. No dice.

In reading through the forum it appears that certain attributes "trigger" crossovers, while other attributes don't.

Is there a way to determine what attributes can trigger a crossover action?
    I think this article (these are the basics about crossover but maybe can clarify some concepts) may help --> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21261928

I believe there are not certain attributes that "trigger" crossovers, you can use any but the relationship must be 1 to 1. So maybe the problem is in your where clause in the crossover because are getting more (or less) than one record related, why don't you check via a SQL tool this relationship?