Topic
  • 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-29T13:28:53Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6195 Posts

Pinned topic Projects have Red Icons in RBD 8.5 (using MKS)

‏2013-03-26T18:59:18Z |
Hi,
I recently upgraded to RBD 8.5 which connects to MKS Integrity Client 2009 version 4.10.0.9665 The problem I am having is that in RBD there is a red icon next to each and every project level. Usually this indicates there is some problem with one of the components under the project application. However, after drilling down, none of the components within the project(s) has the red icon so I cannot tell which is actually has the error. I have tried 1) 'clean' / 'clean all projects' 2) re-synchronizing the source with MKS source 3) shutting down RBD and bringing it back up. When I look in the Source Integrity ViewSet under MKS all the application source look fine.

Thanks,
Maira
Updated on 2013-03-29T13:28:53Z at 2013-03-29T13:28:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

Re: Projects have Red Icons in RBD 8.5 (using MKS)

‏2013-03-26T19:11:13Z  
    You should have a "Problems" view that enumerates for you the problems found. (If you can't see a Problems view in your current perspective then switch to the EGL perspective (use Window->Reset Perspective if necessary to get all of the views back in their default locations) or use Window->Show View->Problems to force the Problems view to appear.

Once you have a Problem view to help you out, what do you find there?

--Dan

p.s. If I were a betting man I would bet that you need to update the build path in your project because, with each RBD upgrade, the dependent project versions change. The Problems view is going to help you determine this as the root cause of your problem.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-03-27T01:00:18Z  
    Do you mean the red icon is compiler error (a red X), or a small red rectangle? It would be better if you can attach a screen-shot.

Rocky
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-03-27T16:10:22Z  
    It sounds like your error is in RDB, but if there is anything we can do from the Integrity side please contact the Integrity support team and we'd be more than happy to help you out.

Phone: 1-800-477-6435 / 1-800-PTC-4-HELP
    Web: http://www.ptc.com/support/
    Integrity Community: http://communities.ptc.com/community/integrity?view=discussions
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-03-27T20:10:16Z  
    You should have a "Problems" view that enumerates for you the problems found. (If you can't see a Problems view in your current perspective then switch to the EGL perspective (use Window->Reset Perspective if necessary to get all of the views back in their default locations) or use Window->Show View->Problems to force the Problems view to appear.

Once you have a Problem view to help you out, what do you find there?

--Dan

p.s. If I were a betting man I would bet that you need to update the build path in your project because, with each RBD upgrade, the dependent project versions change. The Problems view is going to help you determine this as the root cause of your problem.
    Hi,
    Attached is a screen print of the red icons in RBD. The 'Problems' view is there but with 0 entries.
    The red icons look triangular rather than 'X' shaped.

Thanks,
    Maira
  • dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

‏2013-03-27T21:39:04Z  
    Hi,
    Attached is a screen print of the red icons in RBD. The 'Problems' view is there but with 0 entries.

Thanks,
    Maira
    Could you do the screen shot as a simple PNG or JPEG, please?

--Dan
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-03-28T01:15:29Z  
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Maira
    It seems that this is a decorated image provided by MKS Integrity Client. Could you check with MKS and figure out what does this mean?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-03-28T17:59:09Z  
    Could you do the screen shot as a simple PNG or JPEG, please?

--Dan
    Hi Dan, Here is the file in .jpg

Thanks,
    Maira
  • markevans
    markevans
    2884 Posts

‏2013-03-28T18:09:57Z  
    Hi Dan, Here is the file in .jpg

Thanks,
    Maira
    Shalimar,

As Rocky stated, this is not an RBD/EGL image/icon. Rocky felt it is a MKS icon.

Is it really a "red-x" or does it mean the project is under MKS control? Maybe MKS with its latest levels (not sure if you upgraded it) or on Eclipse now show this.

Typically, if there is nothing listed in the problems view, the source itself is good.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-03-28T20:35:36Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2013-03-28T18:09:57Z
    Shalimar,

As Rocky stated, this is not an RBD/EGL image/icon. Rocky felt it is a MKS icon.

Is it really a "red-x" or does it mean the project is under MKS control? Maybe MKS with its latest levels (not sure if you upgraded it) or on Eclipse now show this.

Typically, if there is nothing listed in the problems view, the source itself is good.
    Hi All,
    In poking around, the 'Error Log' view displays one error repeated multiple times and the 'Event Details' section had more info. It seems I can only attach one file at a time so here is the 1st one.

Thanks ...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-03-28T20:38:55Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2013-03-28T18:09:57Z
    Shalimar,

Here is the 2nd one ...

Thank you ...
  • markevans
    markevans
    2884 Posts

‏2013-03-28T21:08:05Z  
    Here is the 2nd one ...

Thank you ...
    Hi,

From googling "project.pj MKS", the project.pj file is something MKS uses/creates for each project under its control.

I would again suggest following up with MKS again.

You can always select a Project and then "refresh" from the context menu to see if that gets the file in sync..but that is just an attempt to see what happens.

EGL knows nothing about MKS or the files it creates... so it is more a question for them.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts

‏2013-03-29T13:28:53Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2013-03-28T21:08:05Z
    Hi,

From googling "project.pj MKS", the project.pj file is something MKS uses/creates for each project under its control.

I would again suggest following up with MKS again.

You can always select a Project and then "refresh" from the context menu to see if that gets the file in sync..but that is just an attempt to see what happens.

EGL knows nothing about MKS or the files it creates... so it is more a question for them.
    Okay, will do. Thank you everyone.