Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-22T20:22:19Z by sammyc
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1061 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Dodaf 1.5 SA 14.2. SV-1 child diagram

‏2013-03-26T16:10:01Z |
Hi to everybody.
I try to make an SV-1 child view starting from a system by means of the menu "create child diagram". I created a new SV-1 representing the system in the parent diagram, but.....how to link the system interfaces present in the parent diagram? there is non way to append that interface in the child diagram.....isn't there any necessity to "balance" the interfaces among the child and parent diagram (like in SV-04)?
the system in the parent diagram is very complex, so I would like to disaggregate it in other systems......
Anybody can give me a suggestion?
thanks a lot
Andrea
Updated on 2013-03-27T08:00:19Z at 2013-03-27T08:00:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1061 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dodaf 1.5 SA 14.2. SV-1 child diagram

‏2013-03-26T16:58:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Andrea - you might be able to copy system(s) from the parent, then paste it into the child diagram with the interfaces automacally populating in the child if you are working with the same systems.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1061 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-27T08:00:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      There is something I cannot catch.....
      suppose I have sytem A and system B and an interface from A to B. This means I have two boxes, one for system A and one for system B, and an arrow representing the interface from system A to system B.
      Suppose I want to to detail system B in a child diagram, that in my understanding means to decompose B in several otehr system in the child diagram....and suppose that the system B is decomposed in system C and D. When in the child diagram, I'm able to draw the system C and D but now: how to link these to systems (representing B) to the interface defined in the parent diagram? I would expect, in the child diagram, to be able to define an interface coming from out of system B (from system A), without drawing even the system A in the child diagram....in other terms I would expect a similar behaviour we have in drawing an SV-04 child diagram........
  • sammyc
    sammyc
    106 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T20:22:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I believe you need to create an "interface" type diagram to describe the interface details You can use the parent child diagrams to decompose the system structure via hierarchical relationships and not looking at individual interface details. I may not understand what you are trying to do. If you send a private message I'll help you directly with SA.