IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-28T20:23:03Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1061 Posts

Pinned topic How to Undo a Checkout?

‏2013-03-26T11:35:44Z |
Hello -

I don't know how, but one of my users has managed to "checkout" some of his definitions on a diagram he will be briefing tomorrow. I cannot find another encyclopedia he may have accidentally checked them out to, from which I can force them to "checkin". And I haven't been able to find anything on how to undo or otherwise cancel a checkout. Does anyone here know how? I figure worse case I may be able to export these objects, delete the checkedout versions in the encyclopedia, and then reimport them, but I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance!
TJ
Updated on 2013-03-28T20:23:03Z at 2013-03-28T20:23:03Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1061 Posts

Re: How to Undo a Checkout?

‏2013-03-26T11:49:53Z  
    I thought I should add - I am able to filter the explorer window to only display those items "checked out by others". Then I right click on the object, and select "Access Control" from the context menu. However no actions are availabled under the "Select desired action:" dropdown so I cannot pick anything useful like "cancel" or "undo" or anything at all useful like that.

I'm also comfortable doing this by SQL, if the only way to undo it at this point is to make changes direclty in the database; but I don't know what the field would be to look for.

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1061 Posts

‏2013-03-26T12:38:30Z  
    I thought I should add - I am able to filter the explorer window to only display those items "checked out by others". Then I right click on the object, and select "Access Control" from the context menu. However no actions are availabled under the "Select desired action:" dropdown so I cannot pick anything useful like "cancel" or "undo" or anything at all useful like that.

I'm also comfortable doing this by SQL, if the only way to undo it at this point is to make changes direclty in the database; but I don't know what the field would be to look for.

Thanks!
    TJ - my initial thought would be to either login as the user, or ask the user to login and cancel the checkout. Is this an enterprise encyclopedia? - you might be able to designate yourself as administrator(if that is your role) through the SA Catalog Manager and then be able to toggle the access control yourself in SA. Anybody else have thoughts on this?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1061 Posts

‏2013-03-26T15:05:17Z  

Thanks!
    If it is not an enterprise encyclopedia, you can change your auditid to the auditid of the user (under the File menu), then right-click, choose Access Control, and you should be able to do a check-in on the definition.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1061 Posts

‏2013-03-28T20:23:03Z  
    Thanks for the replies. The encyclopedia is not "enterprise", and the user was not the one who had originally performed the checkout, which is why he could not figure out how to check them in. This is the funny part - the definition names were so long, the audit ID was cropped off in the title bar of the window which comes up when you try to change the defintion. And the "last changed by" field, turns out, was the last actual change to the defintion not who checked it out. But finally I found one where I could read the audit ID, and sure enough: I changed my audit ID to be the same, reopened the encyclopedia, checked the definitions back in, and then everything was fine. I never would have guessed that just changing the audit ID would do the trick.

Thanks so much!