I don't know how, but one of my users has managed to "checkout" some of his definitions on a diagram he will be briefing tomorrow. I cannot find another encyclopedia he may have accidentally checked them out to, from which I can force them to "checkin". And I haven't been able to find anything on how to undo or otherwise cancel a checkout. Does anyone here know how? I figure worse case I may be able to export these objects, delete the checkedout versions in the encyclopedia, and then reimport them, but I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it.
Thanks in advance!
Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Re: How to Undo a Checkout?2013-03-26T11:49:53ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.I thought I should add - I am able to filter the explorer window to only display those items "checked out by others". Then I right click on the object, and select "Access Control" from the context menu. However no actions are availabled under the "Select desired action:" dropdown so I cannot pick anything useful like "cancel" or "undo" or anything at all useful like that.
I'm also comfortable doing this by SQL, if the only way to undo it at this point is to make changes direclty in the database; but I don't know what the field would be to look for.
Re: How to Undo a Checkout?2013-03-26T12:38:30ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK
Re: How to Undo a Checkout?2013-03-26T15:05:17ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK
Re: How to Undo a Checkout?2013-03-28T20:23:03ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Thanks for the replies. The encyclopedia is not "enterprise", and the user was not the one who had originally performed the checkout, which is why he could not figure out how to check them in. This is the funny part - the definition names were so long, the audit ID was cropped off in the title bar of the window which comes up when you try to change the defintion. And the "last changed by" field, turns out, was the last actual change to the defintion not who checked it out. But finally I found one where I could read the audit ID, and sure enough: I changed my audit ID to be the same, reopened the encyclopedia, checked the definitions back in, and then everything was fine. I never would have guessed that just changing the audit ID would do the trick.
Thanks so much!