Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-27T12:15:00Z by beach_bum
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7754 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Import of table definitions with Netezza conn. results to unsigned integers

‏2013-03-26T10:42:26Z |
Hello, I have a table on Netezza that looks like the following:

create table my_test (my_byteint byteint, my_smallint smallint, my_int integer, my_bigint integer);

As you may know Netezza integer data types allow negative values, e.g. -128 to +127 for byteint and so on.

When I use the Netezza connector to import the table definitions for this table I noticed that all four columns are imported as unsigned (under the extended property).

This causes a problem when I have negative values in my data as DataStage thinks they are unsigned. For example -1 (byteint) in Netezza becomes 255 in DataStage.

My question is how to make DataStage import all these data types automatically as signed integers.

Thank you in advance
Updated on 2013-03-27T12:15:00Z at 2013-03-27T12:15:00Z by beach_bum
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7754 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Import of table definitions with Netezza conn. results to unsigned integers

‏2013-03-26T10:52:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Forgot to mention that I'm using DataStage v8.5.

Also there is a red exclamation mark ("!") on the icon for this table (the table appears as linked to tables in the shared repository, i.e. it has the open book icon, plus the exclamation mark) in the table definitions. What does this mean?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7754 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-27T11:13:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hello, can someone from IBM who's monitoring this forum take a look at my question and provide a suggestion? Thank you in advance.
      • beach_bum
        beach_bum
        49 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-27T12:15:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Should you require an answer from IBM, I suggest you raise a PMR. Although in this case it looks like you'll need the IBM consulting services ;-)