1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-03-26T12:58:35Z by SystemAdmin
Jacek_Laskowski
Jacek_Laskowski
133 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issue report: version {4} when user.language not en

‏2013-03-26T08:31:15Z |
Hi,

Just noticed an issue where the 4th parameter is not given and the placeholder } is printed out to the console when a server starts with a non-en_US language (note the end of the very first line in the server's output):

jacek:~/apps/wlp.next.beta $ cat etc/jvm.options -Duser.language=pl   jacek:~/apps/wlp.next.beta $ ./bin/server run Uruchamianie serwera wlp-1.0.1.20130309-1525/websphere-kernel_1.0.1 (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM/1.7.0_17-b02 (pl_US)) w defaultServer, wersja 
{4
{4} [AUDIT   ] CWWKE0001I: Serwer defaultServer został uruchomiony. [AUDIT   ] CWWKZ0058I: Monitorowanie aplikacji w katalogu dropins. [AUDIT   ] CWWKF0011I: Serwer defaultServer jest gotowy 

do działania w trybie Mądrzejszy Świat   jacek:~/apps/wlp.next.beta $ sed -i -e 
's/pl/fr/' etc/jvm.options   jacek:~/apps/wlp.next.beta $ cat etc/jvm.options -Duser.language=fr   jacek:~/apps/wlp.next.beta $ ./bin/server run Lancement de wlp-1.0.1.20130309-1525/websphere-kernel_1.0.1 (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM/1.7.0_17-b02 (fr_US)) sur defaultServer, version 
{4
} [AUDIT   ] CWWKE0001I: Le serveur defaultServer a été lancé. [AUDIT   ] CWWKZ0058I: Recherche d
'applications dans dropins. [AUDIT   ] CWWKF0011I: Le serveur defaultServer est prêt pour une planète plus intelligente.

Jacek
Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issue report: version {4} when user.language not en

‏2013-03-26T12:58:35Z  in response to Jacek_Laskowski
    Hi Jacek,

The beta drivers are officially English only and what you're seeing is that the non-English files are trailing updates to the English files in terms of translation; so - the English message has been updated to take a fourth parameter but the non-English files have not yet gone through re-translation to pick up that update. We have a rolling system of translation during the development cycle and it will all catch up for GA, but in the alpha/beta drivers you may see some anomalies like this - another symptom would be some new messages being untranslated while others come out in the requested language.

I hope this explains things.

Regards, Alex.