Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-27T14:23:44Z by yn2000
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts

Pinned topic Link Criteria - Lotus Notes Connector

‏2013-03-26T07:57:16Z |
I need to develop a custom adapter for Lotus Notes Application and the adapter should be able update a field in multiple documents using Lotus Notes Connector and I am not sure about the link criteria that can be used for the same.

For e.g.: A lotus notes document contain below field
Document name as Approver
--Members (contain information about the list of users authorized to be approver)
--Data Admin
--User Admin
--Document History

There are multiple documents of above format and whenever a user "xyz" as User Admin is created in IDM system then all the document in Notes DB having the field User Admin is updated with the name of user. (User Admin field is multi value attribute).

And when the user "xyz" is deleted from IDM system then the user name " xyz" must be cleaned from all the document in Notes DB having the name xyz in User Admin field.

Note : UserAdmin field in document contain multiple value.

Can we have the link criteria like (User Admin =*) or (User Admin = xyz) so that all the document having userAdmin as xyz or any value will be returned as search result and I will update the documents ?

And

Can we use anything like "LIKE" operator in SQL ?

Will appreciate any help/pointer.

Regards,
Sourabh
Updated on 2013-03-27T14:23:44Z at 2013-03-27T14:23:44Z by yn2000
  • yn2000
    yn2000
    1112 Posts

Re: Link Criteria - Lotus Notes Connector

‏2013-03-26T13:56:12Z  
    The main concept of a Link Criteria is a filter that is to be executed in the target. For example: If the target is LDAP, then you need LDAP search filter syntax. If the target is RDBMS, then you can use LIKE. If the target is Lotus Notes, then it should using Lotus Notes search syntax, although I never try it my self, because I like to use the default (non-custom) filtering format.

Just like any other post, I may not answer your question directly, but think about your design for a second. Why not build a TIM custom adapter to connect to one Lotus Notes database, then you can have flexibility to have as many TIM services as you want? Second, why not build many Assembly Lines, so that you are dealing with one database per Assembly Line? It is worse than the other option, but it is still better than your design. Third, synchronizing user data within the Lotus Notes realm can be perceive as managing user access right, which may not the job for Identity Management. So, why not ask the Lotus Notes Administrator to build native notes agent to synchronize data from the profile. This give them flexibility to add and remove the database as they want, removing the dependency from... you...

Rgds. YN.
  • yn2000
    yn2000
    1112 Posts

‏2013-03-26T17:29:03Z  
    • yn2000
    • ‏2013-03-26T13:56:12Z
    The main concept of a Link Criteria is a filter that is to be executed in the target. For example: If the target is LDAP, then you need LDAP search filter syntax. If the target is RDBMS, then you can use LIKE. If the target is Lotus Notes, then it should using Lotus Notes search syntax, although I never try it my self, because I like to use the default (non-custom) filtering format.

Just like any other post, I may not answer your question directly, but think about your design for a second. Why not build a TIM custom adapter to connect to one Lotus Notes database, then you can have flexibility to have as many TIM services as you want? Second, why not build many Assembly Lines, so that you are dealing with one database per Assembly Line? It is worse than the other option, but it is still better than your design. Third, synchronizing user data within the Lotus Notes realm can be perceive as managing user access right, which may not the job for Identity Management. So, why not ask the Lotus Notes Administrator to build native notes agent to synchronize data from the profile. This give them flexibility to add and remove the database as they want, removing the dependency from... you...

Rgds. YN.
    Second, why not build many Assembly Lines, so that you are dealing with one database per Assembly Line?

corrected:
    Second, why not build many Connectors, so that you are dealing with one database per Connector?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts

‏2013-03-27T01:34:25Z  
    All the documents are present in single Notes Database and I have to update multiple documents within the same notes database.That's why I am looking for link criteria to search all the required document that need to be update based on user data.

Thanks for the response.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts

‏2013-03-27T01:54:13Z  
    As we can call @Password method from Notes Connector to encrypt the password.
    Can we call the custom method defined in Notes to execute the logic ? Do we need any other configuration for the same ?
  • yn2000
    yn2000
    1112 Posts

‏2013-03-27T03:54:26Z  
    All the documents are present in single Notes Database and I have to update multiple documents within the same notes database.That's why I am looking for link criteria to search all the required document that need to be update based on user data.

Thanks for the response.
    In the Lotus Notes connector configuration there is a parameter for Document Selection, right? So, I was thinking a long the line where you configure many connectors for each different documents. Well, it is bad idea if you cannot control how many documents they are, which mostly be the case, but with the same idea, you can change the parameter from a script and loop them.

Rgds. YN.
  • yn2000
    yn2000
    1112 Posts

‏2013-03-27T04:19:43Z  
    As we can call @Password method from Notes Connector to encrypt the password.
    Can we call the custom method defined in Notes to execute the logic ? Do we need any other configuration for the same ?
    It sounds like that you are talking about option #3 that I was mentioning above, but you want TDI to run it rather than notes agent to run it? Please try talking to the Lotus Notes administrator, because I've seen many magic that can be easily done within the native notes application. Also, you might be getting a better answer in the TDI google group where most TDI people hanging around, but then I saw you have already posted the same there.

Rgds. YN.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts

‏2013-03-27T06:29:22Z  
    • yn2000
    • ‏2013-03-27T03:54:26Z
    In the Lotus Notes connector configuration there is a parameter for Document Selection, right? So, I was thinking a long the line where you configure many connectors for each different documents. Well, it is bad idea if you cannot control how many documents they are, which mostly be the case, but with the same idea, you can change the parameter from a script and loop them.

Rgds. YN.
    Is it possible to lookup and get all the required documents that need to be updated using Link Criteria ?
    Once we have all the set of required documents then using loop, it can be updated one by one.

Any idea about the filter.

I have worked mainly in database and ldap connector. I am new to notes connector.

Thanks for the quick response Yuni
  • yn2000
    yn2000
    1112 Posts

‏2013-03-27T14:23:44Z  
    Is it possible to lookup and get all the required documents that need to be updated using Link Criteria ?
    Once we have all the set of required documents then using loop, it can be updated one by one.

Any idea about the filter.

I have worked mainly in database and ldap connector. I am new to notes connector.

Thanks for the quick response Yuni
    It sounds like that you are working on silo.

List of document - Talk to the Lotus Notes administrator to build you a document containing the list of document, or something.
    Filter - Talk to the Lotus Notes administrator on the option available to have a good filter, which may be store at the same document, or something.

I consider Lotus Notes as an 'unstructured' repository, not like LDAP or RDBMS. That means that you must buy Lotus Notes administrator a beer, because he/she is your buddy now.

Rgds. YN.