Unable to configure ‘Target container’ while creating a definition for code transformation from UML to C# code.
1. Created class diagram.
2. Select the file right click and select Transform àNew configuration.
3. A new wizard displayed to create trifurcation configuration.
4. Enter name and select ‘UML to C#’ from ‘C# transformations’ in the first page of the wizard (Specify a configuration name …)
5. Click on Next
6. Click on ‘Create target container’ button In ‘Source and Target’ page.
7. Error message ‘Visual studio 2010 IDE not open’. Unable to select the target.
Visual studio 2012 premier edition and RSA 8.5.1 version (trail version) installed in machine.
Unable to configure Visual studio 2012 in ‘.Net modeling’ tab (menu item Windows àpreferences à Modeling à.Net Modeling).
Attached screen shots for more info.
Any other configuration is missing?
Pinned topic Error in RSA while doing code transformation from UML to C#.
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-03-31T15:11:49Z at 2013-03-31T15:11:49Z by SystemAdmin
Re: Error in RSA while doing code transformation from UML to C#.2013-03-26T10:08:33ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hi,
The following steps are recommended while running a UML-to-C# transformation in RSA:
1. Open Visual Studio before launching RSA, and create a solution with projects, as required.
Please note that the version of Visual Studio should be the same as the one selected in the ".Net modeling" tab in Modeling Preferences. RSA 8.5.1 supports VS 2005, VS 2008 and VS 2010 IDEs.
2. Launch RSA, and create the model.
3. Right-click anywhere in the Project Explorer, click on "Import->.Net Solution". Follow the instructions in the wizard to import the solution created in Step 1 into RSA.
All projects inside the Visual Studio solution are imported as separate Eclipse projects.
4. Create a "UML to C#" transformation configuration. Specify the name on the first page.
5. Click on Next. Instead of clicking on "Create target container", select one of the projects imported in Step 3, where you want the code to be generated.
6. Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the creation of the transformation.
So essentially, the Visual Studio IDE needs to be open with the intended target project/solution before RSA is launched. It should then be imported into RSA, and used as a target for the transformation.
Hope this helps!
Re: Error in RSA while doing code transformation from UML to C#.2013-03-26T14:41:27ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Thanks for response Abishek.
My problem was not able to choose Visual studio 2012 in '.Net modeling'. Visual studio 2012 option was not listed in '.Net modeling' tab.
Visual studio 2012 premium was installed in the machine and solution was opened using visual studio 2012 before transformation. Still not working!!!
Re: Error in RSA while doing code transformation from UML to C#.2013-03-31T15:11:49ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- SystemAdmin 110000D4XK