Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-17T08:29:53Z by Paul Crockett
HBruchey
HBruchey
43 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic CICS Explorer hanging after importing CUSTOM group for CTG plug-in

‏2013-03-25T19:43:38Z |
After installing the CTG Plug-in, I am going to the CUSTOM view in the CICS TG Explorer tab. From there I am importing a list of Custom groups (CTG connections organized by LPAR). The connections themselves were previously loaded when setting up CICS Explorer connections via a Connections.pref file with the upgrade to v5.1. After all of the Connection groups have been loaded I am able to expaned the different LPARs and see several CTG connections listed. When I select a CTG connection and right click it to REFRESH, however, the CICS Explorer seems to hang and the connection does not appear to refresh in the Gateway daemons or CICS Connections views. In the meantime my laptop appears to be humming along and when I look in task manager cicsexplorer.exe is taking up 15% CPU. Eventually, about 15 mins later, the connection refreshes and the CPU usage returns to normal. After the initial install and shutting down this no longer happens, but I have repeatedly uninstalled/reinstalled the CTG plug-in and this CICS Explorer hang/high CPU repeatedly happens. Any suggestions?
  • Paul Crockett
    Paul Crockett
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CICS Explorer hanging after importing CUSTOM group for CTG plug-in

‏2013-04-30T12:35:22Z  in response to HBruchey

Hi Heather,

After some initial investigation, it appears that CICS Explorer is performing some processing on each imported connection, each of which takes a few seconds. When there are a large number of connections being imported, the cumulative time can be significant.

I am continuing to investigate with the CICS Explorer team.

Paul

• HBruchey
      HBruchey
      43 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-14T15:50:47Z  in response to Paul Crockett

Paul,

Just wondering if you have any update on this issue.

Thank you,

Heather

• Paul Crockett
        Paul Crockett
        2 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-17T08:29:53Z  in response to HBruchey

Hi Heather,

This problem has been fixed in the latest refresh of CICS Explorer (V5.1.1) and the CICS TG plugin (V2.0.1) which were recently made available. Instructions for upgrading are available here: www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=1083&uid=swg24033579

Please let us know if you still experience the problem after the upgrade.

Paul