• Latest Post - ‏2013-05-03T16:36:45Z by null
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
374 Posts

Pinned topic How to use Conversion Mode or New-Function Mode with DB2 V10

‏2013-03-25T16:38:15Z |
Hi,

I'm using IDA 8.5.

I'm always using the New-Function Mode with DB2 10 ( transform logical model to physical, reverse ingeneering) because of temporal tables (system time period and business time period). If I choose the conversion mode, the historic table for system period is not generated.

Besides we have a project which consists on reversing engineering on DB2 v9. Sometimes, when the reversing process finishs the indexes columns are not able in IDA. I open an index properties view and in the Columns options I can't see the columns , they aren't, only Exclusive check is. I have to click on Members Key and select the index columns in the list. Where is the error? Have I to choose Conversion mode instead of new function mode or is there another problem with 8.5 version?

Would anyone tell me the differences between both mode in IDA?I have tried to find in Help and the search result is nothing.

Thanks

Cristina
Updated on 2013-03-26T17:03:59Z at 2013-03-26T17:03:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    374 Posts

Re: How to use Conversion Mode or New-Function Mode with DB2 V10

‏2013-03-26T17:03:59Z  
    Hi,

In another computer there was installed IDA 8.1. I have done the same reverse engineering and with that version 8.1 I can display the index colums in the view properties.

The database is migrated to DB2 v10, not v9 as I told you.

Is there any permission to activate or deactivate in database v10 to work with IDA 8.5?Or any preference to activate/deactivate in preferences view in IDA 8.5?
    Thanks

Cristina
  • AYAA_Cristina_Gonzalez_Zumelzu
    24 Posts

‏2013-04-22T08:26:17Z  
    Hi,

In another computer there was installed IDA 8.1. I have done the same reverse engineering and with that version 8.1 I can display the index colums in the view properties.

The database is migrated to DB2 v10, not v9 as I told you.

Is there any permission to activate or deactivate in database v10 to work with IDA 8.5?Or any preference to activate/deactivate in preferences view in IDA 8.5?
    Thanks

Cristina

Hi,

Any ideas about this item? Is there a bug about that and a patch to solve it?

Would anyone tell me how to find about differences between conversion and new function mode in IDA?I have tried to find in Help and the search result is nothing. In a DB2 manual, for example?

Thanks

• null
    null
    60 Posts

‏2013-05-03T16:36:45Z  

DB2/z v10 have two modes: compatibility and new function.

Generally, Compatibility mode for v10 means you're using v10 but with none of the new function (in other words, equivalent to v9). New function mode means that new functionality has been enabled for system.  The details of the difference of compatibility mode and new function mode, you can refer
    the manual of DB2/z.

In your case, if you create a model with v10 compatibility model, the temporal table is not applicable. Which is expected.

As index, sounds like a defect. Do you have the original script of create index, we would like to try here.

Thanks,

-April