Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-25T19:40:28Z by SystemAdmin
sumeetvaidya
sumeetvaidya
3 Posts

Pinned topic UPDERR during concurrent updates.

‏2013-03-25T14:53:16Z |
I am using BatchProcessor tooling to execute multiple MDM transactions. Some of these transactions update the same Person and/or Contract records. (i.e the batch processor input has mutiple transactions for the same person/contract record). Some of these transactions fail with an exception.

The response in the batchLoadFail.out file is as below.
<DWLError>
<ComponentType>108</ComponentType>
<ErrorMessage>BTM ITxRxException occurred in Request and Response Framework.</ErrorMessage>
<ErrorType>READERR</ErrorType>
<LanguageCode>100</LanguageCode>
<ReasonCode>4930</ReasonCode>
<Severity>0</Severity>
<Throwable>com.dwl.base.exception.DWLBaseException</Throwable>
</DWLError>
The corresponding exception in the Customer.log file on the server is as below.
2013-03-24 21:58:56,825 ORB.thread.pool : 0 ERROR com.dwl.tcrm.financial.controller.TCRMFinancialTxnBean - 10 UPDERR 3099 Update of the following failed: Agreement
2013-03-24 21:58:56,825 ORB.thread.pool : 0 ERROR com.dtcc.mdm.account.compositeTxn.DTCCPersistAccountCompositeTxnBP - com.dwl.base.error.DWLError@6dab6dab

What confuses me is that the DWLError in response XML in the batchLoadFail.out shows errorType as READERR whereas the customer.log file displays UPDERR.

Any suggestions to resolve this are appreciated.

Thanks.
Updated on 2013-03-25T19:40:28Z at 2013-03-25T19:40:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    345 Posts

Re: UPDERR during concurrent updates.

‏2013-03-25T16:33:06Z  
    This is not a BatchProcessor error. Your request is failing in validation, check your xml request format is correct or not, also confirm if you have all the mandatory field in your request.
  • sumeetvaidya
    sumeetvaidya
    3 Posts

‏2013-03-25T18:53:58Z  
    This is not a BatchProcessor error. Your request is failing in validation, check your xml request format is correct or not, also confirm if you have all the mandatory field in your request.
    The input request XML if correct. I am able to execute the same XML using IVT tooling. I am trying to understand the cause of the UPDERR.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    345 Posts

‏2013-03-25T19:40:28Z  
    The input request XML if correct. I am able to execute the same XML using IVT tooling. I am trying to understand the cause of the UPDERR.
    As much I see, there shouldn't be any reason to fail because of batch processor.

You mentioned --- (i.e the batch processor input has mutiple transactions for the same person/contract record)

??? This will also cause issue because of database deadlock, have you tried running unique requests. i.e. remove multiple requests for same person, first run a batch file with all unique persons, see if it fails for same reason, if not run second batch where person is updated from earlier run.