Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-26T06:19:11Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
217 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Use REST language of Cognos Mashup to control tree propmt

‏2013-03-25T10:41:46Z |
When I am using REST of Cognos Mashup Service to control Cognos tree prompt, I meet below problem:
In Cognos, if the data volume in Cognos tree prompt is huge, Cognos will show the first 40 rows only. At the very bottom, it has the "More" option for listing more data. Clicking "More", tree prompt will list another more 20 rows.
However, when I am using Mashup to control tree prompt, when "More" is clicked, all the data left will be returned. I don't know how to use REST to limit the number of rows returned each time when "More" is clicked, make it function in the same way as Cognos itself does.
If anyone knows how to do it, pls kindly guide me, thank you so much!
Attached is the screenshot of the problem:
Updated on 2013-03-26T06:19:11Z at 2013-03-26T06:19:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • BirajSaha
    BirajSaha
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Use REST language of Cognos Mashup to control tree propmt

‏2013-03-25T14:26:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

I'm presuming your application is invoking the "reportPrompts" command? If so, then unfortunately there is currently no support for "paging" of the results. If you are in urgent need for this capability please contact customer support.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      217 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T02:56:35Z  in response to BirajSaha
      Hello BirajSaha,
      Thank you for your response!
      Yes I am invoking the "reportPrompts" command, but when I am fetching the child node of tree prompt, I am using "treePromptNode". I am wondering whether this command support "paging"? Would you pls kindly suggest? Thank you so much!
      • BirajSaha
        BirajSaha
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T03:19:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

The answer is unfortunately "NO", the "treePromptNode" (secondary) command does not currently support paging.

This is a known limitation that we plan to implement in an upcoming release (development resources are currently very limited).

Should you have an urgent need please contact customer support, a UER may
      • BirajSaha
        BirajSaha
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T03:21:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi,

The answer is unfortunately "NO", the "treePromptNode" (secondary) command does not currently support paging.

This is a known limitation that we do plan to implement in an upcoming release. However, development resources are currently limited so should you an immediate need please contact customer support.

Regards,
        Biraj Saha
        Software Developer
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          217 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T06:19:11Z  in response to BirajSaha
          Hello BirajSaha,

Thank you for your answer, I understand the situation now, thank you so much!