Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-25T20:30:02Z by GKReddy
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic Configuring Backend URL as destination in Results action

‏2013-03-25T09:24:26Z |
Is it a good practice to configure Backend URL as destination in Results action.

Please share your thoughts.
Updated on 2013-03-25T20:30:02Z at 2013-03-25T20:30:02Z by GKReddy
  • swlinn
    swlinn
    1348 Posts

Re: Configuring Backend URL as destination in Results action

‏2013-03-25T15:05:03Z  
    Typically, your service will have a static backend, or if a dynamic backend, var://service/routing-url will be set one way or the other. Whatever is put into the OUTPUT context, whether by a previous action such as a transformation action, or more typically, a Result Action without the output context OUTPUT, that will be sent to that location. Specifying a destination url of a Results action is more mean for "side calls" to get intermediate data or for multi-backend calls.

Regards,
    Steve
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2013-03-25T15:32:28Z  
    • swlinn
    • ‏2013-03-25T15:05:03Z
    Typically, your service will have a static backend, or if a dynamic backend, var://service/routing-url will be set one way or the other. Whatever is put into the OUTPUT context, whether by a previous action such as a transformation action, or more typically, a Result Action without the output context OUTPUT, that will be sent to that location. Specifying a destination url of a Results action is more mean for "side calls" to get intermediate data or for multi-backend calls.

Regards,
    Steve
    Steve - Thanks for replying.

I am working on a requirement which needs the WSP to retry the same Backend URL n times (in case of no response) before invoking the error rule.

I tried to achieve that by using an intermediate Results action by putting a context variable as Destination. The context variable contains the dynamic backend URL.

The issue is that i am getting a 0x00c3000f (Invalid URL error),instead of getting a Failed to Establish a back side connection error after trying the above configuration.

Please share your valuable suggestions/thoughts on what should be the correct way.

Regards,
    Simmer
  • GKReddy
    GKReddy
    136 Posts

‏2013-03-25T20:30:02Z  
    Steve - Thanks for replying.

I am working on a requirement which needs the WSP to retry the same Backend URL n times (in case of no response) before invoking the error rule.

I tried to achieve that by using an intermediate Results action by putting a context variable as Destination. The context variable contains the dynamic backend URL.

The issue is that i am getting a 0x00c3000f (Invalid URL error),instead of getting a Failed to Establish a back side connection error after trying the above configuration.

Please share your valuable suggestions/thoughts on what should be the correct way.

Regards,
    Simmer
    I think your issue is because of storing backend URL in the context variable. The context variables are used to communicate between style sheets locally. Try using service variable
    <dp:set-variable name="'var://service/routing-url'" value="$backendURL"/>
    • GK