Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-26T14:03:31Z by yn2000
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Enforce a user to update missing attributes within his ITIM Profile

‏2013-03-24T18:34:08Z |
I have created an ITIM profile with mobile number as one of the attributes we need to be mandatory. Now during our identity feed, I get a lot of users that do not have mobile number mentioned in there. I want the user to be forced to update this attribute when he logs into ITIM self service. I am planning to achieve this through a provisioning policy by marking them non-compliant made am not able to achieve the required.

Is there any default setting in ITIM or a beeter approach to achieve this.
Updated on 2013-03-26T14:03:31Z at 2013-03-26T14:03:31Z by yn2000
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Enforce a user to update missing attributes within his ITIM Profile

‏2013-03-24T19:58:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Persons are not having provisioning policies attached to them - so this is not the direction you will have to look...

Now - first a question - what will you do for people that do not have a mobile number ?

This is REALLY important - because if you make the attribute required - it will be ... required ... so is this really what you want ?

My recommendation is to use some less hard - e.g. a life cycle rule combined with e.g RFI or just a mail to get people to update the mobile number.

If you make the mobile number required you will force people into entering garbage into the attribute - and that will not help anybody...

But - in general - you will have to do this in the operation workflow (person add/modify) - the tricky part is how you will present it (RFI is the "classical" way to solve this requirement) to the enduser.

HTH

Regards
    Franz Wolfhagen
    • yn2000
      yn2000
      1068 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-25T14:12:16Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Mr. Franz is just being polite here. He is like the good cop and I am definitely the bad cop.

He said "... is this really what you want?", I would say "Fix that god damn 'authoritative' data source!!!" It is the 'authoritative' data source for crying out loud. What would you do if the mobile number in the 'authoritative' data source change? Would you demote the data from the 'authoritative' data source change to become a 'non-authoritative' on this special attribute? What would you do if you receive mobile number data in ITIM? Would you send the mobile number data back to the 'authoritative' data repository?

Let's test the business. Let's make the RFI in the person add process and no account is created until the user fill the mobile number. "...because if you make the attribute required - it will be ... required.." closing argument from Mr. Franz.

Rgds. YN
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9855 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-25T18:54:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hello,

I combined life cycle rule with RFI to achieve this but how can i send the the RFI to the user who have missing mobile number. when i made the participant the user who have missing information, ITIM make it Unresolved participant and route the RFI to ITIM Administrator.

Regards
      • yn2000
        yn2000
        1068 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T14:03:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        It is still many possibilities.
        Maybe it is how do you get and populate the participant, but it could be where you put the RFI, or maybe it is just typo.

Rgds. YN.