Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-29T01:17:55Z by RuthHildebrand-Lund
JCanipe
JCanipe
31 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Using corbaloc in wcmapiconfig.properties in a clustered environment

‏2013-03-23T00:58:56Z |
Greetings.
We are running P8 5.1 on zLinux in a clustered Websphere 7 ND environment. Our WPXT is running in a cluster and CE is running in another cluster (we are configured for high availability in both) all in the same Websphere cell. We would like to see if we can configure our WPXT Wcmapiconfig.properties file to point to the CE cluster and NOT have to specify each individual appserver running CE and associated bootstrap ports. We came across the following syntax in the 5.1 InfoCenter: cemp:corbaloc:rir:/cell/clusters/your_websphere_cluster_name/FileNet/Engine in the link: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/p8docs/v5r1m0/topic/com.ibm.p8.install.doc/p8phx004.htm
Is there a way to do the above example in Wcmapiconfig.properties or are we limited to specifying each appserver and associated bootstrap port?
Thank you.
Updated on 2013-03-29T01:17:55Z at 2013-03-29T01:17:55Z by RuthHildebrand-Lund
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    693 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Using corbaloc in wcmapiconfig.properties in a clustered environment

‏2013-03-23T01:07:35Z  in response to JCanipe
    Yes, that will work. I'm not clear on what the rest of your question is. If you are just asking what you need to do to use such a URL in WcmApiConfig.properties, the answer is that you just use it as is (of course, once you substitute your own cluster name).
    • JCanipe
      JCanipe
      31 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-23T18:03:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you for the response. We have been trying with the following in Wcmapiconfig.properties:

RemoteServerUrl = cemp:corbaloc:rir:/cell/clusters/cli0001-01-cluster/FileNet/Engine
      RemoteServerUploadUrl = cemp:corbaloc:rir:/cell/clusters/cli0001-01-cluster/FileNet/Engine
      RemoteServerDownloadUrl = cemp:corbaloc:rir:/cell/clusters/cli0001-01-cluster/FileNet/Engine

We are receiving the following error in the WPXT WAS systemOut.log file:

... com.filenet.api.exception.EngineRuntimeException;The URI for server communication cannot be determined from the connection object Class=com.filenet.apiimpl.core.ConnectionImpl URI=corbaloc:rir:/cell/clusters/cli0001-01-cluster/FileNet/Engine Parameters={CONNECTION_PARTICIPATES_IN_TRANSACTION=false}. Code=null; OMFC/TheNetwork/NoOp//API_UNABLE_TO_USE_CONNECTION
      at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:695)
      at com.ibm._jsp._WcmDefault._jspService(_WcmDefault.java:117)

We are thinking we may need to set something up in Websphere to handle the name resolution.
      Can you give me any guidance on what I can check/verify to handle this error?
      Thank you.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        693 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-23T19:23:12Z  in response to JCanipe
        I'm sure there probably is something in WAS that you have to configure, but I don't really know what it is. Sorry. (Everyone who ever asked me about this in the past must've either known what that was or figured out it was pointless to ask me. :-)

I'm sure whatever it is, it's generic WAS cluster stuff.
      • RuthHildebrand-Lund
        RuthHildebrand-Lund
        19 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-29T01:17:55Z  in response to JCanipe
        Is the syntax you have provided quite correct? Per the online help you reference, the syntax is

cemp:corbaloc::node1_hostname:BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS,
        :node2_hostname:BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS/cell/clusters/
        your_websphere_cluster_name/FileNet/Engine
        But your syntax does not seem to be matching this; there should be two colons before -- "rir"