• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-22T20:49:20Z by melshah
melshah
melshah
70 Posts

Pinned topic subroutine not editable for PERL scripting

‏2013-03-22T19:20:13Z |
Hi,
I have changed the schema Properties--->scripting language to perl.
for the field "choice list column" i removed the "Basic" and selected "None" it asked me that i want to remove the script and i said yes. after that i changed it to "perl" and double clicked on it and it opened up the function/subroutine

I am assuming that it should allow me to edit now to write the perl code but its grayed out and do not let me edit the function to write my code what am i missing can someone please help

sub rartifacts_ChoiceList {
my($fieldname) = @_;
my @choices;
  1. $fieldname as string scalar
  2. @choices as string array
  3. record type name is SRQ
  4. field name is Related_artifacts
  5. Use array operation to add items. Example:
  6. push(@choices, "red", "green", "blue");
return @choices;
}
Updated on 2013-03-22T20:49:20Z at 2013-03-22T20:49:20Z by melshah
  • RCS-Owner
    RCS-Owner
    8 Posts

Re: subroutine not editable for PERL scripting

‏2013-03-22T19:32:05Z  
    As long as the schema is checked out you should be able to create new lines after the last commented out line (the push statement) and before the return of the values. Anything between those should be modifiable regardless of which scripting you currently have set for the schema. You are always able to add both types of scripts but some of the included sample code and, of course, the basic entry and exit criteria is not modifiable.

Hope that helps.

-michael
  • melshah
    melshah
    70 Posts

Re: subroutine not editable for PERL scripting

‏2013-03-22T20:49:20Z  
    • RCS-Owner
    • ‏2013-03-22T19:32:05Z
    As long as the schema is checked out you should be able to create new lines after the last commented out line (the push statement) and before the return of the values. Anything between those should be modifiable regardless of which scripting you currently have set for the schema. You are always able to add both types of scripts but some of the included sample code and, of course, the basic entry and exit criteria is not modifiable.

Hope that helps.

-michael
    Thanks it worked silly me was trying to edit after the return code