Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-24T16:31:44Z by SystemAdmin
JSOLDE
JSOLDE
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Defining two TAM services in TIM using a single machine for the adapter

‏2013-03-22T10:32:46Z |
Hi
my customer would like to integrate TAM with TIM using the TAM combo adapter. They want to create 2 TIM services as they need to support for a while 2 TAM installations, one with TAM 6.0 and another with TAM 6.1.1 to which they are migrating. As they have quite a tight schedule they would like to avoid to use a different machine for each adapter and they are thinking to install two TDI images in the same machine, each one with its own JVM. Apparently using the same JVM could lead to errors. Did someone try something similar? Would it be a supported setup?
Thanks in advance
Jordi.
Updated on 2013-03-24T16:31:44Z at 2013-03-24T16:31:44Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Defining two TAM services in TIM using a single machine for the adapter

‏2013-03-22T11:44:01Z  in response to JSOLDE
    I see no reason that this should be supported - it is definitely supported to run multiple different versions of TDI on the same machine - so I believe you can assume that this is safe - but raise a PMR if you really want to be sure.

Then instrument the 2 jre with the different TAMs jre.

That should be it....

Of course you need to patch the different TDI installation individually - but I should think that is should work without problems - if not it should be fairly easy to circumvent...

HTH

Regards
    Franz Wolfhagen
    • JSOLDE
      JSOLDE
      7 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T12:16:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks Franz! we'll route the question via PMR. BTW, I guess you meant: 'I see no reason that this should not be supported' , right?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        9855 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T12:46:52Z  in response to JSOLDE
        Blush - my brain is to slow for my fingers - or is it the other way around :-)

You are right - I believe it is supported - but I am not sure for the special case of running the SAME version on one machine...

Regards
        Franz Wolfhagen
        • yn2000
          yn2000
          1086 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-24T15:38:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I sorry in advance for speaking openly.

I am guessing that consultation with Mr. Franz and opening PMR is cheaper and faster than a thousand buck of a 'temporary' server. It is just a 'temporary' for crying out loud. Also, why not installing the TAM combo adapter in a 'temporary' idle server, like the TAM Policy Server? I am sure you have two of them, one new one old, right?

Like Taco Bell always saying 'Think out side the bun' my man.

Rgds. YN.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            9855 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-24T16:31:44Z  in response to yn2000
            You are right - but sometimes the politics (especially in outsourcing environments) makes common sense a missing factor...

When I answered I read that "between the lines" - this may be wrong - so thanks for stepping in and kicking some common sense back here :-)

Regards
            Franz Wolfhagen