Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-22T13:28:19Z by SystemAdmin
XD66_Thomas_Clifford
1 Post

Pinned topic Web projects and Dynamic Web Project with Rational Team Concert ?

‏2013-03-21T18:13:49Z |
Good day. I'm running Rational Team Concert v4.0.0.1 and when I click 'New - Other', the environment does not have a
'Web' folder or 'Dynamic Web Project' in any of the other wizard folders.

I'm an IBM employee trying to learn to develop web services, and would like to find a way to get this set up.

I've also used Rational Application Developer v8.0, but not for my current project.
I have tried to run it to see if that version has the Web and DWP, but I get an error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.

So I'm trying to just get RTC to get the functionality to develop web projects.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
The IBM information sites are of no help: that seems to be a common failing with IBM.
Updated on 2013-03-22T13:28:19Z at 2013-03-22T13:28:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

Re: Web projects and Dynamic Web Project with Rational Team Concert ?

‏2013-03-22T09:26:10Z  
    Have you installed RTC standalone? In that case, I expect it does not have the Web Development Tools.

The proper setup would be to install Rational Application Developer 8.5.1 and then install in the same Installation Manager package group the Rational Team Concert Client Extension 4.0.0.1.

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.0.1?p=allDownloads

Choose: Client for Eclipse IDE (Extension Install)

The Rational Team Concert Client Extension is not the full standalone client for Eclipse IDE and it is intended for shell-sharing with other Eclipse-based products such as Rational Application Developer.

Thank you and regards, Lara
  • browe
    browe
    33 Posts

‏2013-03-22T13:03:40Z  
    Have you installed RTC standalone? In that case, I expect it does not have the Web Development Tools.

The proper setup would be to install Rational Application Developer 8.5.1 and then install in the same Installation Manager package group the Rational Team Concert Client Extension 4.0.0.1.

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.0.1?p=allDownloads

The Rational Team Concert Client Extension is not the full standalone client for Eclipse IDE and it is intended for shell-sharing with other Eclipse-based products such as Rational Application Developer.

Hi,

In Rational Application Developer 8.5.1, it now uses a Web Project Wizard instead of Static and Dynamic Web Project Wizards. Web Project Wizard is the replacement for Static and Dynamic Web Project Wizards, but all three are available, with Web Project Wizard the preferred choice.

• Billy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    14225 Posts

‏2013-03-22T13:28:19Z  

LaraZiosi is correct. It sounds like you don't have WTP installed. If you don't see the Web folder (which indeed contains the dynamic web project) then you need to install WTP. This can be done via the update sites in eclipse. If you want the IBM supplied tooling (Web Project wizard mentioned by Billy), you need to extend an IBM product that has it (e.g. Rational Application Developer).