Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-26T19:01:52Z by bassemir
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
13279 Posts

Pinned topic ATKMDL001E

‏2013-03-21T11:02:53Z |
So, I've eventually managed to get Systems Director "installed" on RHEL5 on a 8832.

When I log in I get ATKMDL001E:

"ATKMDL001E: The required Universal Systems Management Services are not available. Log out of the management server and login after a few minutes. "

The suggested resolution doesn't work

Here's the error from the logs:

3/21/13 11:55:27:164 GMT FFDC Exception:com.ibm.usmi.console.navigator.model.NavException SourceId:com.ibm.usmi.console.navigator.model.ext.UsmiService:waitForPrimaryServices:2 ProbeId:NORMAL Reporter:java.lang.String@60b660b6
com.ibm.usmi.console.navigator.model.NavException: ATKMDL001E The required Universal Systems Management Services are not available. Log out of the management server and login after a few minutes.
at com.ibm.usmi.console.navigator.model.ext.UsmiService.waitForPrimaryServices(UsmiService.java:337)
at com.ibm.usmi.console.navigator.model.ext.UsmiService.waitForPrimaryServices(UsmiService.java:288)

I've also noticed that the Systems Director process only lasts for about 15 minutes before dying without any log entries to say why.

Is it me or is this application really fuss!?
Updated on 2013-03-26T19:01:52Z at 2013-03-26T19:01:52Z by bassemir
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

Re: ATKMDL001E

‏2013-03-26T18:27:49Z  
    The error message means the web server started, but the underlying application did not. If it stops after a few minutes, there is a configuration issue. After installation, did you also configure the Agent Manager? Did you modify your hosts file so the hostname is related to the real IP address and not just the loopback address?

----
    Craig Elliott
    IBM Advanced Technical Skills
  • bassemir
    bassemir
    39 Posts

Re: ATKMDL001E

‏2013-03-26T19:01:52Z  
    One of the things I consider doing is to turn off iptables (service iptables stop) to see if the firewall is some how blocking communication.

I don't really understand your error, but thought I would share what I do when looking at communication issues.

For example I had a MEP that would show up as "Online" but after a few minutes go "Offline". If I restarted the endpoint it would again show up "Online" but then go "Offline" a little later.

Not sure this will help you understand what is happening in your environment, just sharing my experience.

Rich