This is an update to the previously delivered Beta with key enhancements to the Liberty profile across programming models, tools, and administration.
Included in the Beta are:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.Next Beta Liberty Profile
- IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software (RAD) V9.0 Beta
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse (WDT) V9.0 Beta
Highlights of this update include:
- Programming models: Enhancements to Web Profile support including CDI, EJB Lite and Managed Beans, additional Web Services and messaging capabilities, and the completion of the MongoDB support.
- Administration and security: Updates to the new Liberty server administration including support for static cluster management using the Collective Controller, starting and stopping of cluster members, and monitoring of server status.
- Third party feature SPI: Additional capabilities for extending the Liberty server by embedders and extenders.
- WebSphere Developer tools for Eclipse: Enhanced support for Maven project integration. New support for Dynacache and Web Services.
- Platform support: Added Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) as a platform for RAD.
Also included are two Technology Previews:
- Liberty Profile Admin UI Tech Preview
- Liberty Profile Plugin for IBM Workload Deployer Tech Preview
For more information and to download the Betas and Tech Previews, go to WASdev.net.