jgtiojanco
jgtiojanco
18 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Secure Search SSO not working in the Search Portlet

‏2013-03-21T07:31:38Z |
Hello!

Here I am again with another concern.

Whenever we do a search on a FileNet data source using the ICA search portlet, we could not retrieve results. Application-level SSO has been established between Portal, ICA, and FileNet. Searching through the ICA search application works though.

We have provided information (logs, traces, et al.) to ICA support but they could not pinpoint the cause of the issue. They found a setting in com.ibm.es.search.portal.plugins.OESearchService saying our host is pointing somewhere but we didn't set it to that value. We even double checked the setting on Portal and it is set to the correct value.

Any idea where we could poke at to resolve the concern? :)

Thanks!

Jase
Updated on 2013-03-22T02:32:10Z at 2013-03-22T02:32:10Z by jgtiojanco
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2014 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Secure Search SSO not working in the Search Portlet

‏2013-03-21T09:47:55Z  in response to jgtiojanco
    Hi,

i'm shure you checked it, but could you tell us if the SSO works with the default /search application on the ICA.

The logfiles build from the /search app are sometimes more detailed than from the portlet. We are using currently the portlet off ICA 3 on WAS 7, ICA itself on WAS 8, and Lotus Domino as LDAP - and the SSO works fine.

So i guess the problem is between FileNet and ICA

Chris
    • jgtiojanco
      jgtiojanco
      18 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Secure Search SSO not working in the Search Portlet

‏2013-03-22T02:32:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hello ChristianWiedemann,

Yes, we have tried searching through the default search application of ICA. It works fine.

I'll try to go through the logs from the search application. We're seeing a property OESearchService and support's saying it's not from ICA. Funny, we didn't customize anything yet.

3/20/13 10:25:59:806 PHT 0000004c OESearchServi > com.ibm.es.search.plugins.provider.OESearchService OESearchService ENTRY { username=esadmin, appPort=80, proxyUser=null, timeout=60, port=8394, appPath=search, filter=com.ibm.es.api.filters.SetDocumentURIFilterFetch, hostname=wdsearch1.xxx.xxx, }

Also, the hostname says it is set to wdsearch1.xxx.xxx but we actually set it to wdsearch1.yyy.yyy on Portal.

Any clue?

Thanks!

Regards,
      Jase