• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-21T12:22:38Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1086 Posts

Pinned topic IMS Enterprise suite on z/os

‏2013-03-20T23:24:37Z |
Hi

We use the enterprise ims soap gateway asynchronous callout function to invoke an external webservice. The client supplies the WSDL. The cobol convertor and XML is generated using IBM RDZ . After the arifacts is deployed successfully to the IMS soap gateway and the gateway is restarted. We insert a message to the callout tpipe, and receive the following error :

ERROR: Callout Job (*IMSRT*SOAWBFAR*IOG*SOAWBFAR:0): got IMSSOAPException - IOGS0077E: An error occurred during the invocation of t
The external web service: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: The root element is required in a well-formed document.

I have been through the XML and can’t find any obvious errors as indicated by the above message. What does come to my attention is that we are using multiple namespaces. Could this be causing the error above.

Has anybody experienced the above error
Updated on 2013-03-21T12:22:38Z at 2013-03-21T12:22:38Z by SystemAdmin
  • cipresso
    cipresso
    7 Posts

Re: IMS Enterprise suite on z/os

‏2013-03-21T01:05:54Z  
    Hi. The SOAP Gateway is either complaining that it did not get XML from IMS Connect (ICON), or from the target Web service. If you could set your trace level to the highest setting "DEBUG", you should be able to see in the log what SOAP Gateway got from ICON, what it sent to the web service, and what it got back from the web service. If you wouldn't mind posting that here, I can take a look and see if I can glean anything from it. As an aside, recent RDz version support generating XML derived from XSDs that contain multiple namespaces.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts

‏2013-03-21T12:17:08Z  
    • cipresso
    • ‏2013-03-21T01:05:54Z
    Hi. The SOAP Gateway is either complaining that it did not get XML from IMS Connect (ICON), or from the target Web service. If you could set your trace level to the highest setting "DEBUG", you should be able to see in the log what SOAP Gateway got from ICON, what it sent to the web service, and what it got back from the web service. If you wouldn't mind posting that here, I can take a look and see if I can glean anything from it. As an aside, recent RDz version support generating XML derived from XSDs that contain multiple namespaces.
    attached is the Soap gateway log.

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1086 Posts

‏2013-03-21T12:22:38Z  
    attached is the Soap gateway log.
    I got the client to remove multiple imports and only have a single master namespace. This too generates the same error.

"javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: The root element is required in a well-form document"