12 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-29T16:04:15Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Websphere Liberty Profile language

‏2013-03-20T10:27:53Z |
Hello!

How can I change the language of my WLP? My eclipse is in English while my server and all the errors are in French. It is difficult to search for errors. Do I have to install a new browser in English?

Thanks!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    590 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Websphere Liberty Profile language

‏2013-03-20T16:03:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

There was a similar question last year. Maybe that can help with yours?

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14904063&

Regards,
    -james.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      590 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T14:46:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you, James!
      I read the thread you indicated. I regenerated the server.xsd file. I don't understand though what I am supposed to do with this file. Do you happen to know (or to understand from that thread) what I am supposed to do next?
      Thank you!
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        590 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T19:39:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        After the file is generated, you can replace the file ${workspace}.metadata\.plugins\com.ibm.ws.st.core\WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Liberty Profile\server.xsd with the new one.

Note that "WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Liberty Profile" on the path is the runtime name so you'll need to substitute with your own runtime name in case it is different from that default value.

You'll need to restart RAD/WDT for the changes to take place.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          590 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-25T13:33:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hello and thanks for replying!
          Should I reference my server.xsd file in my server.xml file? If yes, how do I do that? I simply copied serevr.xsd where you suggested and my server console still displays messages in French.

Here is the output when the server starts if this can help. I can see the fr_FR flag when the JVM starts but no idea where to change that. Thanks again! Any idea is appreciated.

Lancement de defaultServer (wlp-1.0.1.cl0320130130-0300/websphere-kernel_1.0.1) sur IBM J9 VM, version jvmwi3260sr9-20101124_69295 (fr_FR)
          AUDIT CWWKE0001I: Le serveur defaultServer a ‚t‚ lanc‚.
          AUDIT CWWKG0043A: Classe de valideur de configuration en cours d'utilisation : com.ibm.ws.config.internal.xml.validator.DefaultXMLConfigValidator.
          ATTENTION No persistence descriptors could be located in the bundle com.ibm.ws.security.oauth20/1.0.0.cl0320130130-0300. The following locations were searched: http://META-INF/persistence.xml.
          AUDIT J2CA8004I: dataSource DerbyConnection disponible en tant que jdbc/TSDerbyConnection.
          AUDIT J2CA8000I: jdbcDriver myJDBCDriver disponible.
          ATTENTION No persistence descriptors could be located in the bundle com.ibm.ws.security.oauth20/1.0.0.cl0320130130-0300. The following locations were searched: http://META-INF/persistence.xml.
          AUDIT CWWKZ0058I: Recherche d'applications dans dropins.
          • Jacek_Laskowski
            Jacek_Laskowski
            133 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T08:16:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hi,

Following the document Setting generic JVM arguments in the WebSphere Application Server V8.5 Liberty profile create a ${wlp.install.dir}/etc/jvm.options with -Duser.language=en and the issue should go away.

Although I haven't experienced the issue I changed mine to include -Duser.language=fr and all of a sudden the server has been speaking French:

jacek:~/apps/wlp.next.beta $ cat etc/jvm.options -Duser.language=fr   jacek:~/apps/wlp.next.beta $ ./bin/server run Lancement de wlp-1.0.1.20130309-1525/websphere-kernel_1.0.1 (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM/1.7.0_17-b02 (fr_US)) sur defaultServer, version 
            {4
            } [AUDIT   ] CWWKE0001I: Le serveur defaultServer a été lancé. [AUDIT   ] CWWKZ0058I: Recherche d
            'applications dans dropins. [AUDIT   ] CWWKF0011I: Le serveur defaultServer est prêt pour une planète plus intelligente.

Jacek
            Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              590 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T10:36:32Z  in response to Jacek_Laskowski
              Thank you!
              It worked with your solution. For the record, if anyone is on Windows and you don't have an /etc folder, just create it in the ${wlp.install.dir} and then put inside you jvm.options file.
              Thanks again to everyone who tried to help me!
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              590 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T12:37:29Z  in response to Jacek_Laskowski
              Hello!

I was too fast in my conclusions. It works, but not entirely. So I start my server, it starts in English but then I run into a JPA exception and the exception is in French:

org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: La table/vue 'ZONES' n'existe pas. {SELECT t0.id, t0.name, t0.policyStatus FROM zones t0} code=20000, state=42X05
              at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.narrow(DBDictionary.java:4946)
              at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.newStoreException(DBDictionary.java:4906)
              at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:136)
              at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:118)
              at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:70)
              at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.SelectResultObjectProvider.handleCheckedException(SelectResultObjectProvider.java:155)

Any idea of how can I pass the jpa feature (or all the features for that matter) in English?
              Thanks again!
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                590 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T13:05:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Hi Mihaela,
                Is that exception appearing in the browser or in the server console?
                Regards, Alex.
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  590 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-27T17:29:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hello!
                  In the server console in Eclipse. My Eclipse is in English.
                  10x
              • Jacek_Laskowski
                Jacek_Laskowski
                133 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-28T19:09:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Hi,

Could it be that your database runs with non-en_US locale and the error message is exactly as the database spits out (in fr locale)?

Jacek
                Japila :: verba docent, exempla trahunt
                • frowe
                  frowe
                  7 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-28T19:34:25Z  in response to Jacek_Laskowski
                  I would supect you're correct, that exception about the table not existing is coming directy from the db.
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    590 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-29T16:04:15Z  in response to frowe
                    Ahaaa! Ok! I wonder how I didn't realize this earlier...
                    Thanks for enlightening me! I indeed found this:
                    http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.9/tools/ctools1004764.html

And this:
                    http://www.mail-archive.com/derby-user@db.apache.org/msg01604.html which is old but it helped.
                    Thanks again.