• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-21T18:27:51Z by Lhasadad
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
13279 Posts

Pinned topic IBM System Director - Threshold and Automation

‏2013-03-20T07:38:39Z |
HI All,

I am very new to IBM system Director . It would be a great help if someone help me in the below problem i am facing,

1. I have added the 20 devices in the group and created Monitor parameters. I want to set the threshold for all the devices as 85 % .

Procedure i am following :

Resource explorer-->Select the group (which consists 20 devices) --> Actions->System Status and Health -->Monitors--> Select the monitor-->Click Show Monitors-->Select the parameters for example "/ percentage Space used"--> click Activate threshold --> Set the value as 85 an 80 % --> click ok

After doing the above process i observe the threshold value has not been set for all the devices in the group .
Does in iBM director we need to set the value for each parameter individually ? if there is any alterantive way please tell me
Updated on 2013-03-21T18:27:51Z at 2013-03-21T18:27:51Z by Lhasadad
  • Lhasadad
    Lhasadad
    108 Posts

Re: IBM System Director - Threshold and Automation

‏2013-03-20T12:41:52Z  
    From your description, you did it correctly. by what observation are you concluding that the value was not set?

You should see the settings on the group metric view page after setting it. you will not see the group setting if you have the display show the individual metric values (in that case the threshold columns show any setting for the individual system (its possible to set Group AND Individual thresholds)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

‏2013-03-21T06:05:17Z  
    • Lhasadad
    • ‏2013-03-20T12:41:52Z
    From your description, you did it correctly. by what observation are you concluding that the value was not set?

You should see the settings on the group metric view page after setting it. you will not see the group setting if you have the display show the individual metric values (in that case the threshold columns show any setting for the individual system (its possible to set Group AND Individual thresholds)
    Thanks:)... it means if group is set then we will not see the individual threshold value ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

‏2013-03-21T06:18:44Z  
    Thanks:)... it means if group is set then we will not see the individual threshold value ?
    Also would like to know if i have created an individual threshold as 90 % and later i have added the device in the group and set the group threshold as 85 % . So which threshold value is given the first priority ?
  • Lhasadad
    Lhasadad
    108 Posts

‏2013-03-21T18:26:03Z  
    Also would like to know if i have created an individual threshold as 90 % and later i have added the device in the group and set the group threshold as 85 % . So which threshold value is given the first priority ?
    > KavitaDugar wrote:
    > Also would like to know if i have created an individual threshold as 90 % and later i have added the device in the group and set the group threshold as 85 % . So which threshold value is given the first priority ?

Neither, they both apply, if the value gets above 85% there will be an event for the group threshold and if it goes above 90 there will be an event for the 90% group threshold. if it pops 50% to 95% and stays there they both will go off ass soon as the send delay time for the given threshold has elapsed. if it was 5 minutes for the 85 % and 2 minutes for the 90 % the 90% will come in first and then about 3 minutes later the 85 percent one will generate an event.
  • Lhasadad
    Lhasadad
    108 Posts

‏2013-03-21T18:27:51Z  
    >> Thanks:)... it means if group is set then we will not see the individual threshold value ?

if the you have both an individual and group threshold that cover a system then both will be seen should they both meet the threshold criteria.