Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-04-11T17:24:53Z by JensNielsen
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4779 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic V7000 Unified, CIFs Problem - Redirected Lotus data directories, fail.

‏2013-03-20T04:01:30Z |
Currently migrating cifs shares from our N3600 to our new unified, no problems copying the files across (apart from the lack of ntfs permissions being carried across).

During testing our Citrix user profiles we've found that redirecting notes data directories to the unified simply does not work, created a new share - everyone / full, ntfs security - everyone / full, domain users / full. Lotus will not kick off, instead prompting 'unable to read data dir errors'.

Remapping the data dir back to the n3600 or a basic Windows share works without issue, indicating the issue is specifically related to the Unified.

I had a ticket with IBM to review the issue, it was simply kicked as being unsupported config and not an issue with the unified, when clearly it is.

Anyone come across anything similar?
  • rDale
    rDale
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: V7000 Unified, CIFs Problem - Redirected Lotus data directories, fail.

‏2013-04-25T20:57:09Z  in response to SystemAdmin

What did IBM claim was unsupported about it ?

Why no use robocopy to also move the permissions ?

What have you set the owners of the filesystem and the share to ?

whats the results of running icacls.exe cifsshare

• Krpa
    Krpa
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-02T03:51:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi Systemadmin,

As you mentioned you have configured the CIFS share for "Citrix user profiles" . Can you please let me know what kind of permissions we need to apply for "Citrix user profiles" and "folder redirection".

what type of share permissions we need to assign from v7000 unified side?

what type of NTFS permissions we need to assign to the share folder?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kripa

• JackHuntTechy
    JackHuntTechy
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-21T17:29:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi

We had a very similar problem.

I bought a V7000 Unified to use as our main file store for redirected documents and shared folders as well as our Hyper-V solution.

It turned out that the V7000 does not support the Windows "System" account. In our situation whenever a new user logs in AD creates the folder structure automatically. We dont have an account with access to our users (2000+) My Documents folders so there was no way to:

1) move the data over without trashing the security

2) keep the ability for AD to provision user folders

I had a case open for ages and IBM pretty much told me tough.

The only way we could move forward was to create a Windows Clustered Share within our Hyper-V hosts ie I can move my share around our Hyper-V nodes like I can a VM.

Would be really keen to hear if anyone has this working as I think their tiered storage is great - I just cant use it at the moment :(

Andy 

• JensNielsen
      JensNielsen
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-04-11T17:24:53Z  in response to JackHuntTechy

To use robocopy on the unified system, tryk defining the suser who is copying the data as administration suser on the share.

See the link to infocenter bells describing how to do this.

Copy files to unified using robocopy