Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-19T16:04:43Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
445 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Two basic workflow questions

‏2013-03-19T15:26:48Z |
I am new to ICN and have two basic questions about workflows. I am able to launch a workflow from a document and then process work steps in the Work window.

1. When I select a Repository Document and click Launch Workflow, I have to search for the document again to set the document as an attachment. Is there a way to set the workflow subscription so that when you launch from a document it gets assigned as the attachment?

2. When I try to open a workflow in ICN I get a popup with the following error message:

The workflow cannot be opened.
The web client does not support opening workflows.
Open a different document.
CIWEB2045

In Process Configuration Console I have the URLs for WorkplaceXT and ICN specified. What else needs to be configured?
Updated on 2013-03-19T16:04:43Z at 2013-03-19T16:04:43Z by SystemAdmin
  • RuthHildebrand-Lund
    RuthHildebrand-Lund
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Two basic workflow questions

‏2013-03-19T15:51:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    When you design a workflow, you can designate an "initiating attachment". Refer to the following link for information on defining an initiating attachment in a workflow definition: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/p8docs/v5r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.p8.pe.designerui.doc%2Fbpfdh171.htm

And the tool you need to use to edit the workflow is the Process Designer which is launched from the Advanced Tools menu in Workplace XT. You need to be in the appropriate Process Engine groups and have the appropriate role within Workplace XT to be able to launch the Process Designer.
  • CBS3_Ian_Wilson
    CBS3_Ian_Wilson
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T15:52:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Regarding your 2nd question, you can't view or edit workflow definitions in Content Navigator, you can only currently do this with WorkplaceXT Process Designer.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T16:04:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks. This is what I needed.