7 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-26T11:11:44Z by mendell
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1245 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic getSubmissionTimeValues in Launch window

‏2013-03-19T12:07:06Z |
Hi,

In my SPL program, there are around 15 getSubmissionTimeValue variables. But in Launch window I can see only 6 getSubmissionTimeValue variables to edit. WOuld like to know why can't I see all 15 getSubmissionTimeValue variables in Launch window. Could you please suggest me what changes to be done to find all getSubmissionTimeValues in Launch.

Thanks,
Renu.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: getSubmissionTimeValues in Launch window

‏2013-03-19T15:52:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Renu,

You are only prompted for the submission-time variables/values that are in the execution path (part of the main composite, or composite operators invoked from the main composite, etc). You may have operators that require submission time parameters, but if these operators are not invoked, then you will not be prompted for the submission-time values.

Mary
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1245 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T18:41:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      All my get submission-time variables are invoked from main composite and all are defined at one place in main.Even then I get prompt for only few and not for all variables.

Thanks Renu.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T18:56:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Is it possible to attach a sample SPL program where you are seeing this problem?

Also, what version of Streams Studio are you using?

Mary
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1245 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-20T12:39:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      please find the attached sample program, and the streams version is InfoSphereStreams3.0.0.0.
      I could not able to find the solution to see all get submission variables in launch window to edit the values.
      Thanks.
  • MrJose
    MrJose
    56 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-21T20:54:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I'm also surprised why its not being asked. Is there any other setting other than just giving

getSubmissionTimeValue ("flag", "true");
    • mendell
      mendell
      219 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T11:11:44Z  in response to MrJose
      You can send punctuations if you use the readPunctuations: true; in the UDPSource operator. The program sending the UDP packets must precede each tuple with a 0x00 byte. Sending a packet with just a 0x01 byte will send a Window punctuation.

For your case, I expect that format:block; readPunctuations: true; could do what you was suggested.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1245 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-25T16:33:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Simply calling getSubmissionTimeValue to assign a composite formal variable does not establish a requirement for that value at run time.

The only submission time values that are needed and prompted for in the Launch window are those that are referenced within the composite (for example, to parameterize an operator or use in operator logic).

Regards,
    Paul Allen