• No replies
3 Posts

Pinned topic JSF2 Jboss ExpressionFactory Websphere 8 throws ClassNotFoundException

‏2013-03-19T09:51:35Z |
We wanted to configure JBoss ExpressionFactory for the JSF 2 Application which is running on the Websphere 8 app server. We did the following.
1. Configure web.xml as below

<context-param> <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.EXPRESSION_FACTORY</param-name> <param-value>org.jboss.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl</param-value> </context-param>

2. Enabled the logging for the myfaces at all level

3. I tried placing the jboss el jar

at following places

<application server>/lib/ext

In all the cases, I get the following error

[3/18/13 21:23:14:298 IST] 0000000d AbstractFaces 3   Initializing MyFaces [3/18/13 21:23:14:298 IST] 0000000d AbstractFaces 1   Attempting to load the ExpressionFactory implementation you
've specified: 'org.jboss.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl
'. [3/18/13 21:23:14:298 IST] 0000000d AbstractFaces 1   An error occured 

while instantiating a 

new ExpressionFactory. Attempted to load 

'org.jboss.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl'. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName( at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.AbstractFacesInitializer.loadExpressionFactory( at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.AbstractFacesInitializer.getUserDefinedExpressionFactory( at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.Jsp21FacesInitializer.initContainerIntegration( at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.AbstractFacesInitializer.initFaces( at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.contextInitialized( at at at at at at

Not able to understand why the org.jboss.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl is not found. I very much confirmed this class exists and wrote a seperate java class to test if this could be reflectively loaded. Any help would be highly appriciated...