• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-21T15:21:40Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
8523 Posts

Pinned topic QM + FTE v7

‏2013-03-18T14:48:31Z |
Hi all.
I have QM and FTE v7 deployed on Windows.

In my environtment i must transfer file namde in pattern $C* - started with $C.
I use Monitor for this issue.
When i simply put $C* in fteCreateMonitor.cmd .... -tr match,$C* .... it isn't work.

I have next question:

What i must put in -tr statment to force it work?
Updated on 2013-03-21T15:21:40Z at 2013-03-21T15:21:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

Re: QM + FTE v7

‏2013-03-18T22:14:04Z  
    > it isn't work.

That doesn't help us much. What error did it display? What made you thought it didn't work? What investigation did you do?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

‏2013-03-19T06:44:48Z  
    > it isn't work.

That doesn't help us much. What error did it display? What made you thought it didn't work? What investigation did you do?
    Thanks for you reply.

This is obviously.
    I didn't have any error.

I put match pattern in -tr key for fteCreateMonitor command. That was -tr match,$C* .
    And nothing happed.

Files started with $Cbla_bla_bla didn't copy from directory source to destination QM and destination directory.
    This is the reason why i asked you, you know.
  • R_Simons
    R_Simons
    4 Posts

‏2013-03-19T14:22:44Z  
    Thanks for you reply.

This is obviously.
    I didn't have any error.

I put match pattern in -tr key for fteCreateMonitor command. That was -tr match,$C* .
    And nothing happed.

Files started with $Cbla_bla_bla didn't copy from directory source to destination QM and destination directory.
    This is the reason why i asked you, you know.
    Post the entire fteCreateMonitor command.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

‏2013-03-19T14:48:03Z  
    • R_Simons
    • ‏2013-03-19T14:22:44Z
    Post the entire fteCreateMonitor command.
    That's it

C:\IBM\WMQFTE\bin\fteCreateMonitor.cmd -ma AGENT_KIE -mm QMKIE -mn KHA_$C -md F:\KHA.0200 -tr match,$C* -pi 5 -pu seconds -mt C:\KHA_$C.txt

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <request xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="4.00" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FileTransfer.xsd">
    <managedTransfer>
    <originator>
    <hostName>192.168.5.155</hostName>
    <userID>admin</userID>
    </originator>
    <sourceAgent QMgr="QMKIE" agent="AGENT_KIE"/>
    <destinationAgent QMgr="QMKHA" agent="AGENT_KHA"/>
    <transferSet priority="5">
    <item checksumMethod="MD5" mode="binary">
    <source disposition="delete" recursive="false">
    <file>F:\KHA.0200\$C*</file>
    </source>
    <destination exist="error" type="directory">
    <file>F:\in</file>
    </destination>
    </item>
    </transferSet>
    </managedTransfer>
    </request>
  • R_Simons
    R_Simons
    4 Posts

‏2013-03-20T17:33:38Z  
    That's it

C:\IBM\WMQFTE\bin\fteCreateMonitor.cmd -ma AGENT_KIE -mm QMKIE -mn KHA_$C -md F:\KHA.0200 -tr match,$C* -pi 5 -pu seconds -mt C:\KHA_$C.txt

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <request xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="4.00" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FileTransfer.xsd">
    <managedTransfer>
    <originator>
    <hostName>192.168.5.155</hostName>
    <userID>admin</userID>
    </originator>
    <sourceAgent QMgr="QMKIE" agent="AGENT_KIE"/>
    <destinationAgent QMgr="QMKHA" agent="AGENT_KHA"/>
    <transferSet priority="5">
    <item checksumMethod="MD5" mode="binary">
    <source disposition="delete" recursive="false">
    <file>F:\KHA.0200\$C*</file>
    </source>
    <destination exist="error" type="directory">
    <file>F:\in</file>
    </destination>
    </item>
    </transferSet>
    </managedTransfer>
    </request>
    Problem #1 - The transfer definition file (XML listed) cannot contain any wildcards in the source file path/name. The transfer definition does not resolve wildcards so FTE will attempt to transfer a file of that exact name. See variable substitution in the Info Center to resolve this.

Problem #2 - Since the monitor has a wild card specified in the -tr parm, one or more files can meet the match criteria. This means that for each file that matches, a transfer definition file will be submitted for it. If you don't us variable substitution to pass the matched file name to the transfer definition, then the same file could be transfers the number of times the monitor found matches.

Problem #3 - The transfer definition file has a static file for the destination file name. Based upon problem #2, this would be an issue. Transfer #1 would be successful and all other subsequent transfers would fail because of of the exist parm set to "error". If you wanted to transfer more that one file matched, you will need to use variable substitution to make the destination file name unique for each transfer.

If your file name does have the "*" in it, then you may need to put the match string in quotes in the fteCreateMonitor command
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    8523 Posts

‏2013-03-21T15:21:40Z  
    • R_Simons
    • ‏2013-03-20T17:33:38Z
    Problem #1 - The transfer definition file (XML listed) cannot contain any wildcards in the source file path/name. The transfer definition does not resolve wildcards so FTE will attempt to transfer a file of that exact name. See variable substitution in the Info Center to resolve this.

Problem #2 - Since the monitor has a wild card specified in the -tr parm, one or more files can meet the match criteria. This means that for each file that matches, a transfer definition file will be submitted for it. If you don't us variable substitution to pass the matched file name to the transfer definition, then the same file could be transfers the number of times the monitor found matches.

Problem #3 - The transfer definition file has a static file for the destination file name. Based upon problem #2, this would be an issue. Transfer #1 would be successful and all other subsequent transfers would fail because of of the exist parm set to "error". If you wanted to transfer more that one file matched, you will need to use variable substitution to make the destination file name unique for each transfer.

If your file name does have the "*" in it, then you may need to put the match string in quotes in the fteCreateMonitor command
    Thank you for help.

I just use option -pt regex from fteCreateMonitor and pattern -tr "match,\$C.*"