• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-19T16:58:28Z by Bhavik.Shah
Bhavik.Shah
Bhavik.Shah
18 Posts

Pinned topic MDM 10 Workbench, application.xml not getting updated

‏2013-03-18T14:44:35Z |
Hi,

I have migrated my projects from MDM 8.5/9.x workbench. The issue is that all be data addition projects are not getting updated in the application.xml file. Because of it, I cannot access the webservices when I deploy the project.

What could be the reason for it to not update the application.xml file?

Regards
Bhavik
Updated on 2013-03-19T16:58:28Z at 2013-03-19T16:58:28Z by Bhavik.Shah
  • David_Radley
    David_Radley
    22 Posts

Re: MDM 10 Workbench, application.xml not getting updated

‏2013-03-18T17:54:31Z  
    Hi,
    I think you need to have created a module project in the workspace for the application.xml to be updated.

I would create a module using the name you want and copy in your customized resources.

I think you are right that this might be the reason your web service calls fail.

all the best, David.
  • Bhavik.Shah
    Bhavik.Shah
    18 Posts

‏2013-03-18T18:42:30Z  
    Hi,
    I think you need to have created a module project in the workspace for the application.xml to be updated.

I would create a module using the name you want and copy in your customized resources.

I think you are right that this might be the reason your web service calls fail.

all the best, David.
    Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I do have the module with that name, but what I can try is create another module with in the workbench and see how different it is from the one I migrated. The surprising part is, my project has both extensions and additions. Extensions seems to be working fine as the code generated copies it over to the respective projects and has the component also generated. But the application.xml isn't getting updated for the additions ejb's and httprouter.

Thanks,
    Bhavik
  • David_Radley
    David_Radley
    22 Posts

‏2013-03-19T13:53:47Z  
    Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I do have the module with that name, but what I can try is create another module with in the workbench and see how different it is from the one I migrated. The surprising part is, my project has both extensions and additions. Extensions seems to be working fine as the code generated copies it over to the respective projects and has the component also generated. But the application.xml isn't getting updated for the additions ejb's and httprouter.

Thanks,
    Bhavik
    Hi,
    One other thought. Do you have build automatically switched on in RSA? regards David.
  • Bhavik.Shah
    Bhavik.Shah
    18 Posts

‏2013-03-19T14:08:17Z  
    Hi,
    One other thought. Do you have build automatically switched on in RSA? regards David.
    Hi David,

Yes, I do have build automatically enabled. What could be the possible reason for application.xml not getting updated. Also wanted to know, for MDM 10, how do I access the web services from the 8.5 way of accessing web services?

Thanks,
    Bhavik
  • David_Radley
    David_Radley
    22 Posts

‏2013-03-19T14:44:35Z  
    Hi David,

Yes, I do have build automatically enabled. What could be the possible reason for application.xml not getting updated. Also wanted to know, for MDM 10, how do I access the web services from the 8.5 way of accessing web services?

Thanks,
    Bhavik
    Hi,
    looking in the info center; mdmgen.properties should have postMDM85Generation=false and legacyWebservices=true. It looks like this should generate 8.5 style of web services (where additions are actually implemented as extensions), regards David.
  • Bhavik.Shah
    Bhavik.Shah
    18 Posts

‏2013-03-19T16:46:50Z  
    Hi,
    looking in the info center; mdmgen.properties should have postMDM85Generation=false and legacyWebservices=true. It looks like this should generate 8.5 style of web services (where additions are actually implemented as extensions), regards David.
    Hi David,

I will try as you suggested. It would be great if you could throw some light on the new type of web services structure that comes with MDM 10.
  • Bhavik.Shah
    Bhavik.Shah
    18 Posts

‏2013-03-19T16:58:28Z  
    Hi David,

I will try as you suggested. It would be great if you could throw some light on the new type of web services structure that comes with MDM 10.
    Hi David,

I tried to regenerate the code after updating the mdmgen.properties file, but it gives a BOBjs not found even though they are there. I have posted that question in this forum thread - https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14958331&#14958331

Not able to figure out the issue for code generation error.

Thanks,
    Bhavik