• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-19T06:31:23Z by Bhavik.Shah
Bhavik.Shah
Bhavik.Shah
18 Posts

Pinned topic MDM 10 Workbench Errors with code generation

‏2013-03-18T14:42:44Z |
Hi,

I have a code which has code generation issue for projects migrated from MDM 8.5/9.x workbench. When I generate the code after validation(validation is successful), it gives ClassNotFound Exception for BObj's which are present in the project. These is happening for Data Additions.

Has anyone faced this issue?

Regards
Bhavik
Updated on 2013-03-19T06:31:23Z at 2013-03-19T06:31:23Z by Bhavik.Shah
  • David_Radley
    David_Radley
    22 Posts

Re: MDM 10 Workbench Errors with code generation

‏2013-03-18T15:21:01Z  
    Hi,
    Is the class not found exception occurring during a web service? If so I wonder if you are wanting to use the v9 form of web services or the v10 version. mdmgen.properties file in the module project has legacyWebservices option- this should be set true if you want the old style of web services to work. It might be that you are mismatching with your web service request and what you have generated.

If this does not work. I suggest creating a new addition and use the RAD/RSA web services explorer and the wsdl to test the web service and look for the differences between a working v10 request and module and your failing case. I tend to use TCP monitor to view the requests in RAD/RSA.
    all the best, David
  • Bhavik.Shah
    Bhavik.Shah
    18 Posts

‏2013-03-18T18:40:29Z  
    Hi,
    Is the class not found exception occurring during a web service? If so I wonder if you are wanting to use the v9 form of web services or the v10 version. mdmgen.properties file in the module project has legacyWebservices option- this should be set true if you want the old style of web services to work. It might be that you are mismatching with your web service request and what you have generated.

If this does not work. I suggest creating a new addition and use the RAD/RSA web services explorer and the wsdl to test the web service and look for the differences between a working v10 request and module and your failing case. I tend to use TCP monitor to view the requests in RAD/RSA.
    all the best, David
    Hi David,

The exception occurs when I try to generate the code from my module.mdmxmi file. I have not yet deployed my code. There is another error which I have started on another thread. Here its about code generation.

Thanks,
    Bhavik
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    938 Posts

‏2013-03-19T01:40:10Z  
    Hi David,

The exception occurs when I try to generate the code from my module.mdmxmi file. I have not yet deployed my code. There is another error which I have started on another thread. Here its about code generation.

Thanks,
    Bhavik
    Just a thought..
    Try deleting the Bobjs and then generate the code, as workbench will anyways generate them back.
    Remember to have a back up so that you can merge any customizations done earlier.

Regards
    Nikkie
  • Bhavik.Shah
    Bhavik.Shah
    18 Posts

‏2013-03-19T06:31:23Z  
    Just a thought..
    Try deleting the Bobjs and then generate the code, as workbench will anyways generate them back.
    Remember to have a back up so that you can merge any customizations done earlier.

Regards
    Nikkie
    Hi Nikkie,

I tried that too, but its not working.

Thanks,
    Bhavik