Updated on 2013-03-26T15:33:00Z at 2013-03-26T15:33:00Z by markevans
  • markevans
    markevans
    2744 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot open EGLBLD member

‏2013-03-18T13:27:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,

Can you provide more information on what level of RBD you are using?

Also, are you trying to open the EGLBLD file when you get this message? I think that is what you mean, but hard to know.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-18T15:03:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Mark,
    We are working on 8.0.1.4. Seems as though the rest of the developers here can open and view the eglbld members, but our one QA individual cannot.
    • markevans
      markevans
      2744 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-18T18:07:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

I would do a couple of things since it works on everyone else's machine:

a.) Compare what is installed using "Start->All Programs->IBM Installation Manager->View Installed Packages". Compare a working vs a non-working machine. See if the VSE Generation feature got installed on the QA machine. It requires a separate license.

b.) Are they using the same exact .eglbld file? If not, open the .eglbld file with a text editor and see if there is any reference to VSE.

c.) Start up the bad machine's RBD with a -clean. This re-caches the plugins so sometimes it helps with unexplained issues.

d.) Verify the RBD/EGL level installed on the bad machine (using help->About RBD).
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-18T18:33:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Mark,
    Thank you for your assistance on this problem, a clean resolved it. We discovered our QA EGL platform was bad while conducting a Disaster Recovery Test of CICS, and upon discovering several software installs missing from the bad machine, I had installed them, ensuring the VSE was not installed. But, afterwards I did not perform the clean.

Again, thank you for your help.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-21T15:45:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Mark,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-21T15:49:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Mark,
    Not sure why but after updating the machine matching it to our developer machines, everything the QA machine generates recieves a 4038 and will not build. We have compared everything from the build descriptors to the CICS environment itself. But the only reasonable answer is that his machine has some module or such which is causing this. We are attempting to re-build the platform.
    • markevans
      markevans
      2744 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-21T17:28:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hey..

Do you mean the QA machine gets an 4038 in the build server itself or is it when the generated program is executing.

Rebuilding may solve it and worth a try.

For any further diagnosis, I would need more information (like some information from the 4038 on what module it was in or the call stack in the dumps).
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        6195 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T11:32:01Z  in response to markevans
        We are re-building the Rational Business Developer box and hopefully any issues will be resolved.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6195 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T14:28:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Mark,
    If you see this, I was able to fix our QA departments machine. The problem was...while attempting to bring his machine up to the level of mine which was 8.0.1.3, the installation manager installed a 8.0.1.4 module. My observation is that this module must contain some CICS call which is not in our current CICS version. After removing this through the rollback feature of the installation manager, the abending programs with the 4038 worked. Thanks for you help.
    • markevans
      markevans
      2744 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-26T15:33:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Good to hear you got it resolved.

It does sound like you may be missing something in the runtime that was delivered via a PTF. When you get ready to move to 8.0.1.4 or 8.5.1, then I would suggest making sure you are current with the PTFs.

The PTF list is part of the EGL fixpack download page.