Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-23T18:17:47Z by cwoliveira
cwoliveira
cwoliveira
25 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to create hyperlink to a Stored Search like FileNet WorkplaceXT

‏2013-03-17T21:59:29Z |
Hi,

I have ICN with FileNet P8 5.1 and I need to include a document hyperklink on a custom web page.

On FileNet WorkplaceXT I have the "Show hyperlink" action for Documents, Folders and Stored Searches.

On ICN I have the "View Link" action for Documents and Folders but not for Stored Searches.

This is my scenario:

1 - I'm creating programatically a stored search (application/x-filenet-search) for each document imported on the system.
2 - The customer expects to see both document content and its properties.
3 - The ICN Filenet viewer matches the requirement better than the WorkplaceXT Image Viewer, due the supported formats.
4 - I need to create a ICN hyperlink to stored search, to provide way to end-user see also the document content and its properties.

So, that's the main question : is there a way to create a ICN hyperlink to a document, where the end-user can access both content and properties ?

Thanks,

Carlos
Updated on 2013-03-23T18:17:47Z at 2013-03-23T18:17:47Z by cwoliveira
  • damorris
    damorris
    769 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to create hyperlink to a Stored Search like FileNet WorkplaceXT

‏2013-03-18T04:35:25Z  in response to cwoliveira
    Upgrade to 2.0.1. Teamspaces and stored searches are URL addressable in the 2.0.1 release.

Why would you create a saved search for each and every document?
    • cwoliveira
      cwoliveira
      25 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to create hyperlink to a Stored Search like FileNet WorkplaceXT

‏2013-03-23T18:17:47Z  in response to damorris
      Hi,

The solution designer expects to give for end-user a hyperlink pointing to any given document, but not only to view content, the end-user should be able to see both properties and content.

Thanks,

Carlos.