• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-18T13:14:07Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7929 Posts

Pinned topic How set up CPLEX 12.5 in a C++ project with Eclipse Juno CDT

‏2013-03-17T16:37:38Z |
Hi everybody,

I want to use the CPLEX 12.5 in a C++ project with Eclipse Juno CDT in Windows 7 with and MingGW as compiler.

How to Set Up? Is there a tutorial for that? Because I does not found.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Regis Gomes
Updated on 2013-03-18T13:14:07Z at 2013-03-18T13:14:07Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

Re: How set up CPLEX 12.5 in a C++ project with Eclipse Juno CDT

‏2013-03-18T07:21:23Z  
    MinGW is not officially supported for CPLEX, so you are on your own here.
    However, if I remember correctly then some people got that working (search this Forum).
    In the CPLEX distribution there is a file called c_cpp.html. This file describes how to setup Visual Studio for CPLEX. It lists the include/library paths, preprocessor defines, libraries, etc. you should use for compiling/linking an application that uses CPLEX. It should be easy to enter the same configuration into eclipse.
  • T_O
    T_O
    475 Posts

‏2013-03-18T09:12:25Z  
    However, if I remember correctly then some people got that working (search this Forum).
    In the CPLEX distribution there is a file called c_cpp.html. This file describes how to setup Visual Studio for CPLEX. It lists the include/library paths, preprocessor defines, libraries, etc. you should use for compiling/linking an application that uses CPLEX. It should be easy to enter the same configuration into eclipse.
    It is quite easy to use the C callable library in C++ with MinGW and Eclipse. You only have to take care about 32 bit / 64 bit (both work, but you need the correct versions of MinGW/Cplex). Do not hesitate to ask further questions, if you get into trouble.

Concerning Concert (C++ API), I just can say one thing: forget it. The mangling schemes differ. As long as IBM does not provide a version of Concert that is compiled with MinGW, you won't be able to use it. But nevermind: Compared to the C API, concert is terribly slow, at least for some operations.

Best regards,
    Thomas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

‏2013-03-18T10:12:30Z  
    Thanks DanielJunglas,

I go to study possibility to use Visual Studio.

Regards

Regis Gomes.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

‏2013-03-18T10:35:32Z  
    • T_O
    • ‏2013-03-18T09:12:25Z
    It is quite easy to use the C callable library in C++ with MinGW and Eclipse. You only have to take care about 32 bit / 64 bit (both work, but you need the correct versions of MinGW/Cplex). Do not hesitate to ask further questions, if you get into trouble.

Concerning Concert (C++ API), I just can say one thing: forget it. The mangling schemes differ. As long as IBM does not provide a version of Concert that is compiled with MinGW, you won't be able to use it. But nevermind: Compared to the C API, concert is terribly slow, at least for some operations.

Best regards,
    Thomas
    Thanks Thomas,

I did use GLPK library, but necessite now to use a more powerful tool as CPLEX. I will study also that possibility.

Best regards,

Regis Gomes.
  • T_O
    T_O
    475 Posts

‏2013-03-18T13:02:51Z  
    Thanks Thomas,

I did use GLPK library, but necessite now to use a more powerful tool as CPLEX. I will study also that possibility.

Best regards,

Regis Gomes.
    You can also use GLPK to export an LP-file and use the interactive optimizer to solve the file.

Best regards,
    Thomas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7929 Posts

‏2013-03-18T13:14:07Z  
    • T_O
    • ‏2013-03-18T13:02:51Z
    You can also use GLPK to export an LP-file and use the interactive optimizer to solve the file.

Best regards,
    Thomas
    Thanks Thomas,

I will do so.

Best regards,

Regis Gomes.