Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-20T02:09:15Z by nhalj
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4779 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Failed Logical Drive - Drive Failure Status: Failed - incomplete array Pl

‏2013-03-16T13:44:48Z |
Hi All. After an emergency power off ds3400 and turn on, error occurred on the disks. Shutdown and power on System will not change the error. Attached some screenshots and DS log support file.

Please help.
Updated on 2013-03-17T06:10:49Z at 2013-03-17T06:10:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4779 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Failed Logical Drive - Drive Failure Status: Failed - incomplete array Pl

‏2013-03-16T13:45:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    attached support log.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      4779 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-17T06:10:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I solved the problem. more info write later. need some time.
      • Konrman
        Konrman
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-25T10:12:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi SysAdmin,

i got since yesterday the same problem. The main problem was that 2 day ago, one drive failed, but without an error in the storage manager gui, just seen in the log. BUT yesterday the ds4700 wasn´t manage over the sm and no LUN was presented to any server. Therfore i´ve walked to the machine and saw that controller a had a status code from 5d and not 85. Controller b had 85. After that i have switched off the hole ds and all exps. Waited some minutes and turned on again the ds and always a few minutes later turned on the exps. Both controllers now had status 85 and are able to manage again with the storage manager. But one Array (Raid5 with the now detected failed drive) with 6 LUNs has the status "Failed - incomplete array". The very strange on that for us is, that one of the 6 LUNs has the status degraded (what should be correct in raid5 with one failed drive) and the data on it is available.

For sure we need the data on the red LUNs again! :(

You wrote that you solved the problem, can yoe please tell me how? That would be great! :)

THanks, konrman

• nhalj
        nhalj
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-20T02:09:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin

hi,

We have encounter this problem when we turned on the DS after schedule downtime. It would be great if you share how you solve the problem.

Thank you in advance :)

Regards,

nhal