Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-27T07:41:49Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
346 Posts

Pinned topic Archive fails - No such file found !!

‏2013-03-15T14:16:41Z |
We have recently transferred all our DOORS database ont a shared disk which is seen by the server as \\urania\DOORS_DB\data.
Apparently all works well (we can create/edit/restore modules) but today we found one snag.
Apparently we cannot archive modules. If we choose one module, and select the Archive option, the process start, we see the windows opening up and then all of a sudden the process stops with message in the subject. I am enclosing a picture to show the problems.

What is baffling for us is the fact that it appears to be connected to the shared disk, because when the "data" directory was on disk D: of the DOORS server, this did not happen. We suppose it is connected to the creation of some temporary files, whose permission go awry, but we have not the faintest inkling of what to do. It should do the same (in a different sequence, of course) for the restore, and this is even more baffling.

We are trying giving write permission, but it does not work, we suppose we are not doing it right to the right person and place.

Does anyody ever had the same problem ? What could be the solution ?

Thanks in advance.

Bruno
Updated on 2013-03-27T07:41:49Z at 2013-03-27T07:41:49Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts

Re: Archive fails - No such file found !!

‏2013-03-15T16:36:08Z  
    Ciao!

As you now have the DOORS DB behind a (Windows/Samba?) share remember that you have two access right to manage: the directory access rights on the server share and the access right to the share itself.

The archive file is first created on the server and then transferred to the client for saving locally. It seems that the accesses are not correct for writing data on the server for your share.

• Pekka Mäkinen - http://www.softqa.eu/
  • llandale
    llandale
    247 Posts

‏2013-03-15T17:08:24Z  
    Ciao!

As you now have the DOORS DB behind a (Windows/Samba?) share remember that you have two access right to manage: the directory access rights on the server share and the access right to the share itself.

The archive file is first created on the server and then transferred to the client for saving locally. It seems that the accesses are not correct for writing data on the server for your share.

I see this in the installation guide:

Page 8 section 8.b:
    <The doors database> directory must be on the local machine and is where your data and user information will be stored. DOORS does not support mapped drives for data.

I'm guessing the DOORS service will time-out if the latency is slow.

-Louie
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts

‏2013-03-19T11:02:29Z  
    Ciao!

The shared disk uses the windows services, it is a normally mapped drive.
    What is really strange is that I can restore modules. The process is the reverse of the archive, and the needs, from the point of view of permissions, should be the same, aren't they ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts

‏2013-03-27T07:41:49Z  
    The shared disk uses the windows services, it is a normally mapped drive.
    What is really strange is that I can restore modules. The process is the reverse of the archive, and the needs, from the point of view of permissions, should be the same, aren't they ?
    Unfortunately the solution did not work.
    We had to get the database back to the physical drive. Archive steadfastly refused to work.
    I will try to talk about this with the DOORS people, although I understand that they are not working for DNG and may not care for this little problem.
    A technician told me that he knew of a customer who had made it work by starting the daemon server manually, instead of using the service, but this option does not seem to be possible in the current versions of the doorsd file.