Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-18T16:39:54Z by andyh
DR11_SAYOM_GHOSH
DR11_SAYOM_GHOSH
17 Posts

Pinned topic Confusion regarding the Transaction Time in Performance Testing

‏2013-03-15T13:34:58Z |
I am new to RPT.I have one query.Can anyone help me out in telling what is a Transaction Time in Performance Testing.

I have a login application form to record in RPT. It has all the login credentials to give as a input,say CustID,Username,Date of Birth,Password and then on clicking the Submit button, I can login to the application.

So while recording purpose,when should I insert the Start Transaction and provide with the Transaction name.
Updated on 2013-03-18T16:39:54Z at 2013-03-18T16:39:54Z by andyh
  • andyh
    andyh
    20 Posts

Re: Confusion regarding the Transaction Time in Performance Testing

‏2013-03-18T16:39:54Z  
    Hi,

You have a choice of when to insert the Start / End Transaction depending on what you want to measure.

I would tend to type in the credentials, then insert the Start Transaction and provide with a name, then click Submit.
    When the next page has completed loading I would insert the Stop Transaction.

This gives you a transaction that measures the response time of the login. The times shown in the Transaction Reports will include the think time for the page... to exclude the think time look at the Transaction Net Server Time reports.

Transactions can also span multiple pages (if you want to record the time for a complete business process for example).