Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-19T08:51:36Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
139 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Unable to deploy WAS admin console in SCAWS instance. Is this intentional ?

‏2013-03-15T12:16:40Z |
Hi,

This post relates to the 90 day trial cloud based service, as opposed to the VP4DK, but I believe the result will be the same on both.

I tried to deploy the isclite / WAS console on a instance of the simple web application that was deployed and working fine.

The jacl/py (?) script seems to run fine, and it looks like the isclite.ear is also expanded within the WAS install subdirectories.
I also modified the installconsole.py (? perhaps not the exact name) script to force save the changes to the admin object.

However, I am unable to access the console on port 9060.

Now I am aware that there is another agent that runs on the SCAWS deployed instances which monitors WAS and makes it easy to manage the application without knowing WAS administration, through the "Manage" button on the SCAWS web interface.

I was wondering if the reason my attempt to deploy the WAS console failed was either because of a firewall on port 9060 or some other
intentional block put in, into these deployments.

Or perhaps I may be doing something incorrectly ?

Thanks
Updated on 2013-03-19T08:51:36Z at 2013-03-19T08:51:36Z by SystemAdmin
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to deploy WAS admin console in SCAWS instance. Is this intentional ?

‏2013-03-15T14:13:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I need to confirm if this work-around is supported.

Thanks

//Rich

SCAS L3
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    139 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T08:18:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    AFAIK, All unneeded ports are closed by default. You have to insert the maestro command to open it (ie:
    maestro.firewall)

Documentation of maestro.firewall is available in the PDK doc pdk-1.0.0.4/docs/pydoc/maestro.firewall.html

I don't know if the port 9060 is already used by another agent.

Dominique - Follow me on Twitter @ITDoVe - Blog: http://cloud.itdove.com
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      139 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T08:51:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks Dominique,

If I get around to trying it out once again, I'll post the results here.

Thanks again.
      Shahed