Pinned topic Implementing the ICN Custom step processor (sample)
ECM Community Blog: IBM Content Navigator Custom Development
I've deployed this into an ICN 2.0.1 system, using the Jar/JSP files supplied. I've followed the instructions to the letter (although I did launch a workflow from WPXT), but when I attempt to open a work item inside ICN, that references the custom step processor, I get an error "Can not find the step processor to launch" (CIWEB1122).
Other work items with the Default ICN Step processor open fine.
I've also typed in the URL to the SP directly into the browser address bar (http://myserver:9081/navigator/customstepprocessor.jsp) and it loads fine, but obviously without a work item. So that proves that the step processor on the server-side is available.
And I registered the JAR plugin fine in ICN Admin console. If it hadn't been available it wouldn't have appeared.
So it sort of points to client-side issues inside the plugin... Anyone had any joy with this?
Patrick van der Horst 270003F64P25 Posts
Re: Implementing the ICN Custom step processor (sample)2013-06-20T09:11:41ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
is your problem resolved in the mean time? I didn't try it the article yet, so I am not sure if I will run into the same problem.
You say you deployed the step processor, but did you also configure it in the PCC, as described in the article in the paragraph "Register the Sample Custom ICN Step Processor"
Re: Implementing the ICN Custom step processor (sample)2013-06-20T10:10:06ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- Patrick van der Horst 270003F64P
Yes, I have resolved this now.
I knew when I had the problem that it was down to PCC configuration, and had followed the instructions. (I've written Workflow step processors in the past so am familiar with the mechanism). Bizarrely, when configuring the Step Proc/Web applications in the IR properties, IBM Content Navigator was appearing with an application description of "100", so my suspicion was that something had gone wrong during installation.
Anyway, the fix was simple - I rebooted the P8 server, and when it came back up, the "100" app description had miraculously transformed back to "IBM Content Navigator". Wierd.
And after that, I had no trouble writing the step processor and getting it working inside ICN.