8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T16:00:02Z by rrost
rrost
rrost
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic No docs oder folders visible with iphone app

‏2013-03-15T09:55:33Z |
Server: 2.0.1
Mobile app: 2.0.1 (on iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2)

Can connect with mobile app to Content Navigator. I get selections "Favoriten", "Durchsuchen", "Suchen" (german). Selecting "Favorites" I get only a blank screen, no documents, no folders. Same happens selecting "Search".

Connection with the web app with this user to this desktop ==> I can see all folders and documents.

What's going wrong?

Thanks a lot.
Ralph
Updated on 2013-03-15T16:00:02Z at 2013-03-15T16:00:02Z by rrost
  • damorris
    damorris
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: No docs oder folders visible with iphone app

‏2013-03-15T11:16:35Z  in response to rrost
    We currently do not support the feature names being in another language other than English. Change them back to English and the app should work. We will look in to addressing this issue along with other language issues in future updates to the app.
    • rrost
      rrost
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T14:01:18Z  in response to damorris
      "We currently do not support the feature names being in another language other than English. Change them back to English..."
      Sorry, I don't understand. Where to change back?!
      • damorris
        damorris
        27 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T14:09:04Z  in response to rrost
        In the Content Navigator administration. Log in to the web application as the ICN administrator, go to the desktops, select your desktop, and look at the Mobile tab. You must have changed those feature names to German as we do not currently translate the mobile application strings to any languages beyond English. You need to change the feature names back to English on that mobile tab. There is another thread in this forum where the same issue was encountered in Swedish.
        • rrost
          rrost
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T14:17:03Z  in response to damorris
          I don't changed something in this desktop before. In the browser all is in german. The complete content navigator is in german. See screenshot.
          • damorris
            damorris
            27 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T15:05:08Z  in response to rrost
            Hmm, OK. What do you see in Browse mode? Search you will only see something if you have created searches in the web application. Favorites you will only see something if you created favorites previously. Do you get any errors?
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              41 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T15:13:29Z  in response to damorris
              There are a couple more reasons why this can happen:
              1) If you have the "admin" desktop as the default and you are just pointing at your server's url like "http://myserver.com/navigator" as then the admin desktop will load as default and that won't work with the mobile app...you should be entering something like "http://myserver.com/navigator/?desktop=something" as the url, and make sure that "something" is not "admin"
              2) If you are using a 2.0.0 version of the mobile app against a newer server; please make sure that you have the latest version of the app, if you are unsure, delete it from your phone and download it directly from Apple again.

That said, I really think this is the language issue that Dana noted, in your screenshot, everything is in German...the mobile app only supports English names for the features, as Dana already noted.
              • rrost
                rrost
                5 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T16:00:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                1) If you have the "admin" desktop as the default and you are just pointing at your server's url like "http://myserver.com/navigator" as then the admin desktop will load as default and that won't work with the mobile app...you should be entering something like "http://myserver.com/navigator/?desktop=something" as the url, and make sure that "something" is not "admin"

No, it's not the admin desktop. And its name is also not admin.

2) If you are using a 2.0.0 version of the mobile app against a newer server; please make sure that you have the latest version of the app, if you are unsure, delete it from your phone and download it directly from Apple again.

Mobile app: 2.0.1.
                Server: 2.0.1

Frustrating... ;-)
            • rrost
              rrost
              5 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T15:57:16Z  in response to damorris
              I've created favorites and searches in the browser before.

No errors in the frontend.