Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-21T06:52:28Z by Prakash_uit
Prakash_uit
Prakash_uit
18 Posts

Pinned topic IBM Web Content Manager Authoring Builder - Error

‏2013-03-14T11:13:58Z |
Am trying to access the WCM entities such as Site Area / Site / Document / Content Template using the IBM Web content Manager Authoring builder. After providing all the required inputs am getting the below error on the builder. Its trying to access the WCM from the Application Server rather than a portal server. This happens while i save the builder.

Please help me on getting this error resolved. THANKS IN ADVANCE

h2. An error occurred during schema generation: IBM Web Content Manager is not installed on the application server. The error message is: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.workplace.wcm.api.exceptions.DocumentNotFoundException
Updated on 2013-03-21T06:52:28Z at 2013-03-21T06:52:28Z by Prakash_uit
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    753 Posts

Re: IBM Web Content Manager Authoring Builder - Error

‏2013-03-14T17:45:28Z  
    In order to use the IBM Web Content Management Authoring builder, you need to have your WEF project published to a Portal Server (7.0 or newer). The WEF Designer will attempt to contact the server where your project has been published to obtain information about the WCM content libraries available there. It looks like this step is failing because you're publishing to a server that does not have WCM.
  • Prakash_uit
    Prakash_uit
    18 Posts

Re: IBM Web Content Manager Authoring Builder - Error

‏2013-03-21T06:52:28Z  
    • kevintap
    • ‏2013-03-14T17:45:28Z
    In order to use the IBM Web Content Management Authoring builder, you need to have your WEF project published to a Portal Server (7.0 or newer). The WEF Designer will attempt to contact the server where your project has been published to obtain information about the WCM content libraries available there. It looks like this step is failing because you're publishing to a server that does not have WCM.
    Thanks Kevin, when pointed my application to the portal server for publishing it worked for me. Previously it was pointing to an Application server WASCE.