Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T04:48:42Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts

Pinned topic Generating Delta DDLs using Database Object compares with Data Studio 3.2

‏2013-03-14T06:38:04Z |
I want Generate a Right Delta DDL using Data Studio 3.2.0.0 when doing a database object compare. The buttons to generate Left and Right Delta DDL are greyed out. What do I need to do to use them? I have attached a screen shot to show where I am in Data Studio.
Updated on 2013-03-15T04:48:42Z at 2013-03-15T04:48:42Z by SystemAdmin
  • YuanFeng
    YuanFeng
    78 Posts

Re: Generating Delta DDLs using Database Object compares with Data Studio 3.2

‏2013-03-14T07:03:44Z  
    Hi,thanks for using data studio, we are tring to reproduce the problem according your step, will keep you update.
  • jyeh
    jyeh
    13 Posts

‏2013-03-14T16:05:16Z  
    If you had copied some of the differences from left to right, the generate Right Delta DDL button would have been enabled. Likewise, if you had copied some of the differences from right to left, the generate Left Delta DDL button would have been enabled. See the attachment for the location of the copy buttons.

You can select a difference node from the difference tree in the Structural Compare view and use one of the copy buttons to copy from left to right or from right to left. The copy operation will not have any effect on the actual database. You can then generate the delta DDL, review the DDL, and run the DDL to change the database.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

‏2013-03-15T04:48:42Z  
    • jyeh
    • ‏2013-03-14T16:05:16Z
    If you had copied some of the differences from left to right, the generate Right Delta DDL button would have been enabled. Likewise, if you had copied some of the differences from right to left, the generate Left Delta DDL button would have been enabled. See the attachment for the location of the copy buttons.

You can select a difference node from the difference tree in the Structural Compare view and use one of the copy buttons to copy from left to right or from right to left. The copy operation will not have any effect on the actual database. You can then generate the delta DDL, review the DDL, and run the DDL to change the database.
    Thank you for your post. It has answered my question. When I do a copy right the Generate Delta DDL Button is available and I have successfuly created the DDL.