Topic
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T22:05:45Z by DanaDuffield
adbdkb
adbdkb
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Application Migration Toolkit - Software Analyzer menu -> Rules -> Dropdown

‏2013-03-14T00:47:40Z |
We have the application migration toolkit version to version zip file version 3.5 installed on multiple machines on RAD 8.5. Some of them show-up "Websphere application server version migration" in the dropdown list but other machines do not. There is one more option missing from those machines as well, though I don't remember it at the moment.

Is there any set-up missing on those machines that do not show these dropdown items?

Also, how do we verify, what version of the toolkit is installed with a particular RAD installation?

Thank you
Updated on 2013-03-15T22:05:45Z at 2013-03-15T22:05:45Z by DanaDuffield
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Application Migration Toolkit - Software Analyzer menu -> Rules -> Dropdown

‏2013-03-14T21:08:09Z  in response to adbdkb
    Hi,
    If you go to Help > Install New Software..., then click the already installed link. A list of all the installed software will be displayed. You should see several "Application Migration Tool" features in the Installed Software list.

Cindy
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-14T21:09:15Z  in response to adbdkb
    If the features are installed, there is no additional setup needed. See my other post to see how to check.

Cindy
    • adbdkb
      adbdkb
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T15:09:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      This now has gotten more confusing.

When I check my installation, I see 3 selections, but others do not see anything in the installed software, even though they get the menu option and also some of the Java rules

I have attached a document with the screen-shots from both the installations.
      • DanaDuffield
        DanaDuffield
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T21:33:02Z  in response to adbdkb
        Hi,

I see that RAD is used in this case so further explanation may help. The WebSphere Application Migration Toolkit is built on top of a technology called RSAR. This technology is what provides the basic "Software Analyzer..." option in the popups and the "Run" menu as well as a framework to write rules run by RSAR. This support is provided within RAD and RSA and includes some basic Java rules as you have seen in the snapshots.

WebSphere Application Migration Toolkit uses this RSAR technology to provide additional rules for WebSphere Application Server migrations. This is provided via download and when installed is expanded into the 3 features described by Cindy.

In short the RAD images don't have WebSphere Application Migration Toolkit installed, just the base Java rules provided by RAD

Thanks
        • adbdkb
          adbdkb
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T22:00:26Z  in response to DanaDuffield
          Ahh, so the other images that do not have the server options do not have the migration toolkit installed. Is that correct? Thanks. This makes sense why that wouldn't show up in installed products. I was told by our desktop support team that they have been installing the toolkit when installing RAD, hence my confusion. This helps in clearing that.
          • DanaDuffield
            DanaDuffield
            11 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T22:05:45Z  in response to adbdkb
            Hi,

Yes that is correct

Thanks