Pinned topic DB2 minimum authority requirements for TPM users.
1) tioadmin has SYSADM authority
2) maximo has DBADM authority
3) root has SYSADM and DBADM authority
Are the above DB2 authorities required for these users?
Can it be adjusted with the minimum DB2 authority and what is the minimum authority required?
I can't such information in the TPM documentations.
Any suggestion and feedback, greatly appreciated.
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK1755 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: DB2 minimum authority requirements for TPM users.2013-03-22T13:55:08Z in response to YorkLyHi York,
regarding the DB2 minimum authority requirements for TPM users, please note:
1. The maximo userid needs DBADM authority.
2. The userid for the DB2 instance administrator must have SYSADM authority.
3. The root userid must belong to a group with SYSADM authority.
4. The userid having the SYSADM authority has got the DBADM too.
So the privileges described in your request are just the minimum required ones.
Best regards, Fabio.
db2girl_bella 1100007YNS1 PostACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: DB2 minimum authority requirements for TPM users.2013-04-05T18:27:59Z in response to SystemAdminHi,
I work with the guy who opened a pmr to ask these questions.
Is the minimum DB2 authority requirement documented somewhere?
1. maximo is the application id to DB2. Why does this id need DBADM? Does it need to drop/create DB2 objects? If not, then DATAACCESS (select/insert/update/delete) should be enough to run the application.
2. Why do root and tioadmin need SYSADM or DBADM? What do they need to do in DB2? The application connects to DB2 using maximo, not root or tioadmin.
Could you please clarify why tioadmin and root need SYSADM / DBADM and why maximo needs DBADM?
We need to know the minimum DB2 requirement to:
1) Run the application
2) Upgrade TPM product
Please point me to where the minimum requirement is documented.
I'll update the pmr with the same info.
FabioDAlfonso 110000PUD11 PostACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: DB2 minimum authority requirements for TPM users.2013-04-16T07:08:54Z in response to db2girl_bella
I already answered to PMR 78773,057,649.
Here are doc references for the DB2 privileges required for tioadmin, maximo, root and the DB2 instance administrator users.