Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-04T14:04:35Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Integration Designer: XMLElement is unresolved

‏2013-03-13T15:50:13Z |
This could be very basic but I couldn't find any threads related to this issue.
I am using IBM BPM 8.0 Advanced. I have created an exception BPD(EXPHandler) in my process application(SWEX) which has inputs including stacktrace with variable type of XMLElement. Along with many services, the process application also has an advanced integration service(callStoredProc).

When I open the Process application in Integration designer to implement the AIS, i get the following error in problems. I guess the ExpHandler BPD creates an interface in IID workspace after import.

XSD: Type reference 'http://SWEX/BPD/EXPHandler#XMLElement' is unresolved

The Quick fix suggests me to create the XMLElement object and update the references, but that will complicate things and add two XMLElement in process designer.
It could be something very basic which I am missing. Please suggest if you have seen this problem before or if somebody can try the same scenario and let me know if they see the same error.

Thanks
Manish
Updated on 2013-04-04T14:04:35Z at 2013-04-04T14:04:35Z by SystemAdmin
  • kolban
    kolban
    3319 Posts

Re: Integration Designer: XMLElement is unresolved

‏2013-03-14T21:35:40Z  
    I am going to guess that the data that can be passed between a BPD process and an SCA module is constrained to simple data types as well as business objects including simple data types. I'm going to guess XMLElement is too complex a data structure or is especially implemented and isn't allowable as a parameter type to be passed from the the BPD to the SCA module.

Neil
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

Re: Integration Designer: XMLElement is unresolved

‏2013-04-04T14:04:35Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2013-03-14T21:35:40Z
    I am going to guess that the data that can be passed between a BPD process and an SCA module is constrained to simple data types as well as business objects including simple data types. I'm going to guess XMLElement is too complex a data structure or is especially implemented and isn't allowable as a parameter type to be passed from the the BPD to the SCA module.

Neil
    You are right neil. There is bug in the version where SCA module can't read complex types from read only toolkits. Thus both NameValuePair, XMLElement is not resolved and we have to create a seperate copy within our process application for these variables (IBM suggested approach)

Manish