Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-03-13T03:52:38Z by Rajeshavanthi
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5507 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic What is Page Response time

‏2013-03-12T20:36:52Z |
Hello,

I am new to Performance Testing.

I will be very grateful to you if one can explain what is page response time and how to calculate it.
For example,I want to calculate the time taken to display the welcome page after submitting the username and password and hit submit button.

In RPT ,in Page Performance report, the value for the welcome page is 16,586.14(Response Time(ms)-Average(for run))
Q1.Does that mean it took around 16 seconds to open the Welcome Page ?

Q2.Also, this page performance time includes the delays and think time as well ?
Updated on 2013-03-13T03:52:38Z at 2013-03-13T03:52:38Z by Rajeshavanthi
  • Rajeshavanthi
    Rajeshavanthi
    111 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What is Page Response time

‏2013-03-13T03:52:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

RPT will calculate the response time by time-stamping the "last byte sent" and the "last byte received". Additionally, if the response time is for a page (rather than a page element) that includes a connection, the time to connect is included in the response time.

The Think Time value set in the schedule is not included in the page response times displayed in the Performance report. Think times are associated with pages and are intended to represent human pauses during recording - these don"t impact page response times. For individual page elements (requests), there may also be delays which are intended to represent client (browser) delays (processing time for example). These will be reflected in page response times.