3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-23T00:28:40Z by KaranBal
Rocky_01
Rocky_01
32 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Compare option in Report Console

‏2013-03-12T07:12:57Z |
Hi,

Just want to know what is the significance of Caompare Option in Report Console.

For Example:

If i perform a rich search opeation followed by "Submitting it as background Job", can i perform Compare operation ? It is not allowing me to do so, as its throwing error as "no information on previous runs found".

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Rocky
Updated on 2013-03-23T00:28:40Z at 2013-03-23T00:28:40Z by KaranBal
  • KaranBal
    KaranBal
    108 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Compare option in Report Console

‏2013-03-13T21:33:47Z  in response to Rocky_01
    Firstly, please clarify whether you mean compare option in report console or job console? I assume you mean job console, in which case the compare option is for the user to compare the time taken for the job to complete in percentage increments, view performance data etc.

In the second part of the question, you suggested you weren't able to see the compare results. Are you sure that atleast one of the job runs completed before you tries to compare them? Maybe the error was just informing you that the background job has not completed yet.
    • Rocky_01
      Rocky_01
      32 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-22T15:19:51Z  in response to KaranBal
      Hi Karan,

I think i am misleading you.

Could you please guide me the detailed procedure for comparing jobs(both in job and Report Console).

Thanks in advance.

-Rocky
      • KaranBal
        KaranBal
        108 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-23T00:28:40Z  in response to Rocky_01
        Compare jobs is used to compare performance between 2 job runs. Lets say you go to "Data Model Manager" > "Scheduler" > "Job Console" and start a job. Using the compare option, you have a feature to compare the performance of this job run versus previous ones. The information center does not have detailed documentation on this console but you can still follow the general direction and play around with it:
        http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/mdm/v10r1/topic/com.ibm.pim.con.doc/panel_help/pim_hlp_chdmm_jobscon.html

Using the "Product Manager" > "Reports" > "Report Console", you can create a new report job or run it. But you can monitor it and I am not aware of the feature of compare under "Report Console". Reports are one of the type of jobs like import and export. These are monitored from the job console as well and you can use the same process.