SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
445 Posts

Pinned topic ICN - Questions

‏2013-03-11T21:50:35Z |
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions regarding ICN:

Is it possible to configure the default tree structure in the browse view
  • to display a folder name which is stored in a custom property?
  • to use a specific "root" folder (underneath the physical root folder) and to hide all the other folders?

Metadata Configuration:
  • Is it possible to set up custom groups of properties (including custom properties!) and assign them to the main layout view? (at the moment there are properties and system properties but we also need two additional groups)
  • within these groups I would like to define the properties which are editable OR readonly

Multilingualism
  • How can I rename the custom properties? I identified only the system properties but I would like to translate also the names of the custom properties.
  • How can I register additional property files for translation? Should I create a new plugin containing a couple of new language files like for English, German, French and Italian? I have to avoid staging in the database. I want to use only the plugin mechanism and no database scripting.

All your ideas are welcome!

---

PingPage (Context)
Key Value
Product Name IBM Content Navigator
Build Level icn201.225 (201212071641)
Version 2.0.1
Operating System Windows Server 2008 R2 6.1
JVM java.vm.vendor Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.name Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
java.runtime.version 1.6.0_25-b06
java.runtime.name Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
java.vm.version 20.0-b11
java.vm.info mixed mode

JDBC Driver Microsoft SQL Server JDBC Driver 3.0 3.0.1301.101
PE Client Build 5.0.0.3 pui460.003.016
CE Client Build 5.1.0.1 (dap501.001.047)
CM Client Build 8.4.3.300
OD Client Build 9.0.0.0

Regards
Updated on 2013-03-14T10:33:42Z at 2013-03-14T10:33:42Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts

Re: ICN - Questions

‏2013-03-13T14:46:01Z  
    1) To change the property used to display the folder name - go to Admin > Repository > Browse
    2) To restrict the view of folders on the tree, use Teamspaces
    3) I don't know what you mean by "groups of custom properties", but to change the properties on the Browse/Search view - go to Admin > Repository > Browse & Search
    4) To add properties that are editable/readonly, you need to do this from the CE using FEM to add the properties to the doc/folder classes
    5) To create custom labels in other languages you need to access FEM on the CE. Select the object store node and open the context menu. Select "All Tasks" then any of the Localize options to localize the class, property or choice list values
    6) Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean by "register additional property files for translation" All labels for custom properties are controled at the CE level using the config process I noted above.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts

‏2013-03-13T14:48:15Z  
    1) To change the property used to display the folder name - go to Admin > Repository > Browse
    3) I don't know what you mean by "groups of custom properties", but to change the properties on the Browse/Search view - go to Admin > Repository > Browse & Search
    4) To add properties that are editable/readonly, you need to do this from the CE using FEM to add the properties to the doc/folder classes
    5) To create custom labels in other languages you need to access FEM on the CE. Select the object store node and open the context menu. Select "All Tasks" then any of the Localize options to localize the class, property or choice list values
    6) Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean by "register additional property files for translation" All labels for custom properties are controled at the CE level using the config process I noted above.
    Ah..I just realized that your system also has CM and OD repositories. For all replies that I noted to go to the CE, you would need to go to CM or OD and perform the same localization of the property labels.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts

‏2013-03-14T10:33:42Z  
    Many thanks Ms.Booher

-> Yes, here I can change it but i’cant choose custom-properties.

-> Ok, thx! I’ll try this ;-)

-> When I select a document / folder etc. and choose properties - I see and can edit the properties and system properties, but I am looking for a possibility to split the properties into additional groups (not only "Properties" and "System Properties" but also a third and a fourth one)

-> Yes, we can implement this behaviour using the modification access tab for each property. But to be more flexible regarding different groups we were looking for a possibility to implement some logic on the client side….

5, 6) To create custom labels in other languages you need to access FEM on the CE. Select the object store node and open the context menu. Select "All Tasks" then any of the Localize options to localize the class, property or choice list values
    -> This is ok for the moment

Regards