Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-19T18:44:58Z by marvin_goodman
cfulton
cfulton
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Agent Support

‏2013-03-11T18:38:01Z |
At Pulse I thought I heard that you could use any of the ITM agents on an endpoint and the data would come into the console.

1. Is that correct or is it limited to just the OS and Web Response time?

2. If you can use other agents, can someone provide details on how you should configure the agent?
Updated on 2013-03-19T18:44:58Z at 2013-03-19T18:44:58Z by marvin_goodman
  • RM03_Chris_Barlock
    RM03_Chris_Barlock
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Agent Support

‏2013-03-11T19:00:53Z  in response to cfulton
    It is correct that data from any ITM agent can be displayed in the SCMAI UI. It is done in a generic way by attribute group. You just have to start the agent and SCMAI will query for agents running on the VM using the ITM Agent Service Interface. Agents default to autonomous mode if not specifically configured to connect to an ITM TEMS.

Chris
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      37 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T21:06:11Z  in response to RM03_Chris_Barlock
      Based on your answer then, I assume that SCAMAI is querying for specific attributes groups from specific agents and thus there may be agents and/or attribute groups not currently supported. Is that correct? If so, is there a complete list of agents and attribute groups supported?
  • RM03_Chris_Barlock
    RM03_Chris_Barlock
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T22:33:29Z  in response to cfulton
    The Linux OS and Web Response Time agents have UI pages created specifically for them. I'd have to do a little big of digging if you want a list of the specific attributes we use in those pages. But, for all agents, you can select any of the attribute groups from a drop-down list and get a tabular view of the data.

Chris
  • marvin_goodman
    marvin_goodman
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-19T18:44:58Z  in response to cfulton
    It would be interesting to hear which agents, and which attributes, you would consider integrating manually into an SCM-AI deployment, to help us prioritize our future release requirements, so we can employ those agents in a convenient dashboard.