Topic
10 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-05T20:09:56Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1086 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IZE0106E

‏2013-03-11T14:25:34Z |
I am trying to generate a webservice provider thru RDZ. I am on the CICS Deployment screen. When I choose define CICS Connection via webservices, I put in my host name, IP address and port, I am getting a IZE0106E error message. What is the remedy for this?

Thanks.

Vince
Updated on 2013-04-05T20:09:56Z at 2013-04-05T20:09:56Z by SystemAdmin
  • EricHambright
    EricHambright
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IZE0106E

‏2013-03-11T15:13:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    -Make sure your local firewall is not blocking the port.
    -Can you ping the hostname from your client?

Take a look at h link below this might help some too.
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ratdevz/v8r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.cics.zos.help%2Ftopics%2Freference%2Fmessages.html
  • walexand
    walexand
    128 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T15:40:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Vince,
    the more basic question I would have for you is did your Systems Admin define/configure a CICS Resource Definition Server in CICS on the port you specificed? CICS Resource Definition Servers are part of a component in RDz known as ADM, and they are not installed by default, in fact they are optional. So using the controls on this page which request a list of Pipelines is currently only possible using either a CICS Resource Definition Server via web services connection type or a CICS Resource Definition Server via REST connection type. Those connections expect that the server has been configured as described in the RDz Host Configuration guide, in order to use those controls/features on this page.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1086 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T15:43:48Z  in response to walexand
      Thanks for the response. I am not sure if that step was done. Also, should I be defining the CICS connection via CICS rest or thru CICS Webservice?
      • walexand
        walexand
        128 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T15:55:39Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Whether you use REST or web services would depend on which server was installed by your Admin, if they even configured one for your use at all. You should still be able to finish the wizard, and generate your web service provider artifacts without using the optional CICS Connection controls on this page.

Some user environments have these CRD Servers, I described previously, and some do not, in either case you can use the Enterprise Service Tools.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          1086 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-11T18:26:01Z  in response to walexand
          The ADM component was not installed. I have to talk to my systems programmer for that. This is my my first attempt at generating a webservice thru RDZ. I have a more of questions.

1. Once my ADM component is installed, will all of my artifacts be generated? Right now my pickup directory box on the screen is empty, with no entries.

2. Is the urimap also generated?

3. Once the artifacts are generated, who runs the CICS Pipeline Scan? Systems or applications?

4. I manully changed the soap address location (URL) in the WSDL, to use my ip company's address and port number. Do I manually have to change this or does RDZ automatically pickup the ip address and port number?
          • walexand
            walexand
            128 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T18:02:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I guess what I was trying to say is that the last page of the wizard (the CICS Deployment Options page) is completely optional, and if you wanted to make use of it that you need ADM installed/configured. Having an ADM connection would allow you to save the information about the wsbind file and it's target directory in an ADM manifest file, which could then be used at a later date.

However, using the next to last page (DFHLS2WS: Target Artifacts) you can either choose to generate your wsbind file (and other artifacts) into the same project you just created on your local workstation (and then you can transfer the artifacts manually to USS), or you can choose to generate your wsbind file (and other artifacts) into a remote location (which could be the pickup directory on USS, if you know the location).

Once you have the artifacts you (or your admin) can either create the CICS resource definitions manually, or run a pipeline scan to automatically generate the definitions.

You need to manually enter your Service location on the Service properties tab of the DFHLS2WS: Application and Service Properties page of the wizard as RDz does not know the ip address and port you wish to use.

There are some old demos that still hold true which you might be interested in on the IBM Education Assistant site:
            http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/rtnv1r0/topic/com.ibm.iea.rdz/rdz/7.1z/WebServicesDev.html
            http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/rtnv1r0/topic/com.ibm.iea.rdz/rdz/7.5z/WebServicesDev.html
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              1086 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T18:59:21Z  in response to walexand
              I have generated the wsdl, bind and log artifacts. Where do you specify the CICS Tranid, that the webservice will run under? The Tran Id is blanks on the Service Interface and Pipeline Properties screen.
              • walexand
                walexand
                128 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-15T19:37:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                The Transaction ID field you are referencing (in the Service Interface and Pipeline Properties section of the WSBind Viewer) can be changed directly without regenerating the file, if you choose Open With... WSBind Editor.

Here is some more information you may find useful:
                RDZ Reference information for single-service projects - http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ratdevz/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.etools.est.doc/ref/rsfref002.html
                CICS Web Services part 1 - http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27016658
                CICS Web Services part 2 - http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27016659
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  1086 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

Generating Webservice thru RDz

‏2013-04-05T20:09:56Z  in response to walexand
                  I have generated a webservice through RDz using the Interpretive option. I emailed the wsbind file to my systems programmer to installed into USS.
                  A CICS pipline scan was then executed. The following is the output:

04/05/2013 15:43:38 CICST247 CICSUSER PIPELINE PIPE01 is about to scan the WSDIR
                  04/05/2013 15:43:38 CICST247 CICSUSER WEBSERVICE TestRDz is being updated during
                  04/05/2013 15:43:38 CICST247 CICSUSER WEBSERVICE TestRDz was successfully discar
                  04/05/2013 15:43:38 CICST247 CICSUSER New WEBSERVICE TestRDz is being created du
                  04/05/2013 15:43:38 CICST247 CICSUSER WEBSERVICE TestRDz within PIPELINE PIPE01
                  04/05/2013 15:43:38 CICST247 CICSUSER WEBSERVICE TestRDz is now INSERVICE and is
                  04/05/2013 15:43:38 CICST247 CICSUSER PIPELINE PIPE01 explicit scan has complete
                  SDIR directory: 000046. Number of WEBSERVICEs created or updated: 000000. Number
                  00045. Number of failed WEBSERVICE creates or updates: 000001.

No urimap was created during the pipeline scan, which caused my webservice to failed. What prevented the urimap from being created?